Hello from Washington State

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you, I have named my two '73 Mustangs (Mach 1 = FIRE and Grande = Ice). I figured since I am putting so much treasure into them, I had better name them as I did my kids:).

Again, Welcome and my SINCERE congratulations on how GREAT Ginger looks.

BT
I've see Ginger in person, she's a beauty.

We also have a name for our 71, we call it the Beast (primarily because if causes the house to vibrate when it's started in the garage), there has been times I've called it the other "B" word. We put close to 200 miles on it today ripping through some winding hilly roads and it performed flawlessly. Days like to today make all the effort and costs worth it.

Jim

We are scheduled to be in Vegas that weekend but my wife is starting a new job so we may postpone the trip. If we do I will plan on coming. I will need to get my carb tuned up a bit before making that long of a trip. Just needs some fine tuning.

I forgot this was still up on the MNW site. I was on there looking for something else and my article popped up. Here is some of my car's story.

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.org/car-of-the-month-dec-11.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool Story and for the ones that are scared to click on links:p

Ernie Greene's 1973 Cobra Jet Mach 1 Mustang

"Ginger"

It was due to Mustangs Northwest that this car found us. The original owner's daughter was trying to sell the car, as her mother could no longer drive. She had been told to get a hold of someone in the club, and went to MNW's website. At the time, I had my email up on the front page as a contact for the Cruise for the Fallen, and she inadvertently thought that it was the main contact for the club. Leaving work one day, I received a mysterious email asking if I knew of anyone who would be interested in a '73 Mach 1 Mustang. At first, I thought it was a joke; my husband Ernie loves the '71-'73s, and a Mach would be one of his "dream" cars to own. I even called a few friends to say "nice try"...but it wasn't a prank.

After the daughter sent us some dark photos of a dirty, gold-colored Sportsroof, I asked for the VIN to verify the Mach's heritage. Ernie just about died when the VIN revealed it wasn't just a Mach; it was a 351 Cleveland Cobra Jet. I made arrangements to see the car, and in early December 2010, we took a road trip to Burien.

Parked nose-in in a carport for about 9 years, the Mach was a cat-hair-and-cat-puke, dirt and pollen-covered time machine. The daughter explained that her mom had ordered the Mach direct from Ford, deleting the front & rear spoilers. We were amazed at how well the car had survived, even if you take into account the repaint due to an accident. Her mom's daily driver, the car had only 107,000 well-cared-for miles.

After 6 weeks of negotiations, we made a return trip to pick her up. Amazingly, she started right up, and drove onto the trailer under her own power! Since then, we've given her new rims and tires, Pertronix ignition, full tune-up and new brakes, fuel lines and tank. Everything except the a/c works, including the original Philco radio that ALWAYS plays '70's tunes!

Ernie loves his Mach (monikered "Ginger"), and gets stares and comments whenever he takes her for an outing. She's a wonderful cruiser - not like her brother Sparky - so we hope to take her on some road trips next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back