Hi 7173 Community New Aussie Member

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome to join the best forum dedicated to the best car in the world. I'm new here, based in Melbourne Australia and own a 71 Mach 1 Fastback in grabber yellow 351C 4v. I've owned the car for over 10 years since it arrived on Australian shores from America. I managed to hang on to my true love after being divorced some years ago. This derailed the initial restoration plans at the time. Fast forward to 2024 and Currently i am in the process of restoring my car and look forward to learning tips off and networking with fellow Mustang owners.
Great to be here!
working on this with the SW
there was a lot going on under the carpet so easier to replace than repair on this one and got most part i need but a few things are arising on the journey but that is part of the fun and relationship with my car. so if there is a 71 cowl in Australia please contact me and let me know where to pick it up :LOL::LOL::p:p The SW hasn't fixed and welded in the new panels yet but we are sizing up the job and seeing how our replacement bits are going to work and what adjustments are required. Appreciate any tips and advice from the masters
WOW! Nice work. Love seeing the fresh metal going into the floor. Mine was just good enough to keep and work on. It pains me to look at the cost of shipping lately. I imagine you would just order the new cowl if it didn't cost as much to ship as buy new. I live in Canada and pretty much everything I buy comes across the US border so I feel your pain.

working on this with the SW
there was a lot going on under the carpet so easier to replace than repair on this one and got most part i need but a few things are arising on the journey but that is part of the fun and relationship with my car. so if there is a 71 cowl in Australia please contact me and let me know where to pick it up :LOL::LOL::p:p The SW hasn't fixed and welded in the new panels yet but we are sizing up the job and seeing how our replacement bits are going to work and what adjustments are required. Appreciate any tips and advice from the masters
Hi Ozzy,

Thanks for all the photos.

Looks like a strip to bare metal respray you've got going on there.

Best of good luck with the whole project.

Greg.:)

Back