Hilton Head Concourse D'Elegance 10/31/24-11/3/24

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
I have been honored to be selected to participate in the 60 years of mustangs display at the 22nd annual Hilton Head Concourse. It will be great to see the display of mustangs to even include a 63 pre-production design prototype. I think I saw this car at the MCA show in Indy last year. If you live in the area or will be vacationing around the area at the time it would be great to meet up and I am sure you will see some great cars. It will be a busy fall with Savannah in mid-October and the Hilton Head in early November. Hopefully, it will be more comfortable then the heat waves many are experiencing now.

July 12, 2024

Dear Brian,

Congratulations! We are delighted to accept your 1972 Mustang Mach 1 to be exhibited for this year’s Car Club Showcase 60 years of Mustang display to be held on Saturday, November 2nd. Now in our 22nd year, this year’s Concours will feature the 60 year display, German vehicles, a entire field for Rolls-Royce and Bentley, and over 20 car clubs from around the region.

https://www.hhiconcours.com

Last edited:
Congratulations on being selected!
Nov. 2 should be ok weather to have this event unless a random hurricane blows through... You and that beautiful Mach 1 should be shown on that lawn. Would also want to hear what "the suits" have to say about it...

*** New Update *** The organizer of the 60 year display emailed me last week indicating they would like to pull a couple cars from the 60th display to also be judged on the lawn in the Concourse D'Elegance on Sunday. I submitted a few more pictures of my car and received an email yesterday that the car was accepted to be on the lawn on Sunday. This is really cool to me. To be on the lawn at a very high caliber concourse show is an unimaginable dream for me. I guess concourse cleaning is not done yet.

Just received this note from the acceptance judge on the mustangs to be judged.
You will be 1 of just 8 Mustangs that will be in both days. 0n Sunday you will join the 63 prototype, 1st 65 Shelby GT 350, a great 68 GT 500 KR and others.

You tube on 2023 show

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! What an honor!!! Please post pictures for the rest of us to drool over.

As usual, I have a somewhat related story. Back in 1994, my '72 convertible was chosen to be displayed to represent the 1972 model year at Ford's official Texas unveiling of the all-new '94 Mustang. There was to be one Mustang on display for every year from 1964 through 1993. The night before the event, when I tried to take the car down to the gas station to fill up, the engine would spin but not start. After hours of troubleshooting, at something like 2:00 in the morning I finally determined that the camshaft eccentric which drives the fuel pump was spinning loose on the front of the camshaft and would not drive the fuel pump! AARRGGHH!! There was no way to get it fixed in time for the next morning's event. (I later learned that the boneheads who rebuilt my long block used the wrong type of eccentric and it was only a matter of time before it failed like this). With such short notice, the event organizers could not find a replacement '72 car to fill in for mine, so there was literally a blank spot in the display for the 1972 model year. To this day, I still have folks reminding me of how I "ruined the event". The Ford folks felt sorry for me, though. . . I was the only non-press person there to receive a full set of Ford 1994 Mustang press kits (there were three different ones). Even the press people only got one of the three per person. Still sucked not to have my car there. . .

Congratulations!!! What an honor!!! Please post pictures for the rest of us to drool over.

As usual, I have a somewhat related story. Back in 1994, my '72 convertible was chosen to be displayed to represent the 1972 model year at Ford's official Texas unveiling of the all-new '94 Mustang. There was to be one Mustang on display for every year from 1964 through 1993. The night before the event, when I tried to take the car down to the gas station to fill up, the engine would spin but not start. After hours of troubleshooting, at something like 2:00 in the morning I finally determined that the camshaft eccentric which drives the fuel pump was spinning loose on the front of the camshaft and would not drive the fuel pump! AARRGGHH!! There was no way to get it fixed in time for the next morning's event. (I later learned that the boneheads who rebuilt my long block used the wrong type of eccentric and it was only a matter of time before it failed like this). With such short notice, the event organizers could not find a replacement '72 car to fill in for mine, so there was literally a blank spot in the display for the 1972 model year. To this day, I still have folks reminding me of how I "ruined the event". The Ford folks felt sorry for me, though. . . I was the only non-press person there to receive a full set of Ford 1994 Mustang press kits (there were three different ones). Even the press people only got one of the three per person. Still sucked not to have my car there. . .
That does suck. At least you had something in the press releases to remember the opportunity and regrettably the problems. I promise that I can identify with great opportunities sometimes slipping away. I do plan to take as many pictures as I can.

Back