Hood lifting

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
No car yet, on the hunt
Need some help. When the car is at rest the hood aligns great and at slow speeds it does not raise but once I get going faster the hood raises a little maybe 1/4".

I have adjusted the bracket down but that didn't help. If I adjust down more tje hood release will hit the grill

An suggestions or what am I doing wrong.

Does your car have hood locks? If so you can adjust those to keep the hood down but the sheet metal will flex at the hood locks so not too tight there.
Gently push the hood down after it is latched, if you can move it down you may just have to adjust the hood stops up slightly. A 1/4 inch is not that bad at speed, but I would definitely check that latch for wear.

Does your car have hood locks? If so you can adjust those to keep the hood down but the sheet metal will flex at the hood locks so not too tight there.
Gently push the hood down after it is latched, if you can move it down you may just have to adjust the hood stops up slightly. A 1/4 inch is not that bad at speed, but I would definitely check that latch for wear.
When I pulled off the hood for engine removal I noticed that the hood raised and lowered wrong so I tightened the hinge pins by using a large pin and large hammer remove the extra clearance in the pins.

When I pulled off the hood for engine removal I noticed that the hood raised and lowered wrong so I tightened the hinge pins by using a large pin and large hammer remove the extra clearance in the pins.
From what I read the wind is raising his hood at speed, and there may not be enough adjustment left to correct it. I think at times we expect too much out of our 50 + year old hardware.

Back