How do you remove this thing?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande 351C
71 Mach 1 429CJ
How do you remove this long black trim? No idea how it's called.
I've removed the screws expecting it to have some play, but not really. Is it squeezed in on the top (where I have the arrows)? Do I need do some kind of lever to make it move toward the front of car? Are there other hidden screws? Couldn't find any... Glue?

blackthingie.jpg

The assembly manual says 5 screws are required to retain it. Look under the front lower edge for more screws. Chuck

I can relate to your back problem. Blew my sciatic disc a couple of times. I'm 66 now but my mind thinks I'm 25. My body however, says otherwise. Heal soon!
Yeah, I still think I am still bullet-proof, my body sometimes has to remind me that I am not(i.e. recent shoulder reconstruction). I have always joked that my wife only keeps me around because I'm really good at math and can lift really heavy things. At least I am still great at math, LOL.

Speaking of feeling old, about 6 weeks ago, I fell off my ladder, 7’ to the concrete. Landed on my left side, after first landing all of weight on my left foot. As my head aimed for the concrete, my left arm tucked into it and that hit first, before my head. It hurt like hell. And nothing broke, but have painful bruises.

Beside motocross crashes when I was young, that was my first real hard accident. It’s why I haven’t posted on my car; still recovering. Now my kids have banned me from ladders. The doctor says I’m lucky, but I don’t feel like it! I’m hoping the hot summer months, in Az, my usual car working pause, will give me the time for complete-as-possible healing. It sucks to get old.

Speaking of feeling old, about 6 weeks ago, I fell off my ladder, 7’ to the concrete. Landed on my left side, after first landing all of weight on my left foot. As my head aimed for the concrete, my left arm tucked into it and that hit first, before my head. It hurt like hell. And nothing broke, but have painful bruises.

Beside motocross crashes when I was young, that was my first real hard accident. It’s why I haven’t posted on my car; still recovering. Now my kids have banned me from ladders. The doctor says I’m lucky, but I don’t feel like it! I’m hoping the hot summer months, in Az, my usual car working pause, will give me the time for complete-as-possible healing. It sucks to get old.
My wife and kids banned me from ladders 11 years ago, my ladder fell out from under me while I was at the peak of a gable and I fell about 20 feet. I stuck the landing and absorbed the impact as best is could with my knees but I landed in loose landscaping rock and my right foot rolled and three surgeries later I'm not allowed on ladders.

Several years ago I fell off a roof. Broke nine bones and an ankle in my right foot. I also fractured three lower vertebra in my lower back. Ended up in a wheel chair for four months and had to learn to walk again. Still have lower back pain that I live with everyday. It reminds me to stay off ladders and roofs. I'm now 65, I just crawl around in my garage restoring my 72. I'm grateful to be alive everyday and I don't complain.

Ladders are pure evil boys…. I fell off one last Thursday, while working on a simple house project. Luckily only about 5ft up and I was able to absorb the fall pretty well. After about a 45 second mental checklist and assessment the only real injury was to my ego!

Oh, did I mention it’s all on camera 😂😂

I hope you guys feel better soon.

@c9zx , @tpj71mach thx guys. I've unfortunately hurt my back last week, so crawling in the car or trunk to locate where extra screws are is postponed for a while...
Take care of that back, it can ruin your life if it’s bad. This information from someone who’s been there done that.

Back