How old were you when you bought your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought it when I was 17, ten years later I still haven't gotten it on the road. Been making slooooow progress over the years.

I got my first 1972 fastback when I was 12, I worked in a junkyard to pay it off as it was in the junkyard when I found it and worked out a deal with the owner. Never got it running though, just learned a lot by taking it apart. Then I bought a 1973 Mach 1 in 1995 when I was 18, rebuilt the motor over the winter, drove it all the following summer, then tore it down for a restoration that never happened. I worked on it for 2-3 years before selling it. Then I bought my 1972 "Boss tribute" last year at the ripe old age of 38. Spent all last winter installing all new suspension, brakes, floorboards, battery apron, repainting engine bay, refreshing all dash components, and rebuilding a 4V engine for it, rebuilding rear diff with new gears, etc. Still want some body work done and new paint!

Sixteen - Bought my first '72 Sportroof (maybe Mach 1). Six months later I wrecked it and my Dad convinced me to sell it to buy his '76 Mustang 4cyl instead of fixing it. I think he was a little worried.

Forty three for the '72 Q convertible. It was either a boat or a car- was hoping the boys ( and the wife) could enjoy it with me...

Just got my '73 Grande at the tender age of 53....

Mustang #3.... had an '08, have an '11, planning on a '16

Back