HOW TO PREP INTERIOR PARTS FOR DYE

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Q, nice video, and timely, thanks

After an exhaustive search of the local paint shops that carry the SEM Color Coat line I went ahead and ordered the "Dark Ginger" SEM from NPD yesterday. I am anxious to see how well it matches to my interior. It appears NPD may be having SEM custom mix it, as that hue of brown does not appear in the stocked SEM line.

I will update once it arrives and I test.

Jim

Q, this may seem like a dumb question but I'm considering changing my interior from ginger to black...is it okay to spray the door panels (naugahyde?) or should I just not be cheap and cough up the coin for new black ones?

BTW, I really like your videos. Thanks for doing them, they're full of really good info!

Last edited by a moderator:
Q, this may seem like a dumb question but I'm considering changing my interior from ginger to black...is it okay to spray the door panels (naugahyde?) or should I just not be cheap and cough up the coin for new black ones?

BTW, I really like your videos. Thanks for doing them, they're full of really good info!
Thanks Steve...You could do a test spot & see how it goes..The prep for that is going to be a bit diffrent than hard plastic parts..You must follow the directions on the can to the tee & use all the assocatied products..If done correctly it should be fine..I do have to say there's nothing like new leather,naugahyde etc..All the info you need http://semproducts.com/images/Users/1/training-pdfs/RAP-1_ENGLISH%200510.pdf

Back