I like big Lincolns...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
I just had to share this one.

One of the fellows on TheLincolnForum.net gave his '77 Mark V the muscle car treatment - and there's something wonderful about it that I cannot quite put my finger on:

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

DSC01381.jpg

2222.jpg

2008_1018Image0004.jpg

2008_1018Image0006.jpg

Donor 460 from '76 Continental:

2008_0819Image0009.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

All I know is that I get a stupid, childish grin on my face every time I see a big Ford luxury car trying to convince itself it was born a Mustang. I like that.

FYI - Andy lists the modifications as follows:

"[460 with] Edelbrock performer/Edelbrock 750 carb, comp cam 262H, recurved duraspark dist/14 initial, 35 total all in at 3000rpm, hooker 6126 headers, 2.5 dual exhaust. Fully blocked exhaust crossover, 160 degree Tstat. B&M shift kit and 3.00 gears." Front end has a 3-turn steering box from one of our '71-73 Mustangs, 1999 CVPI front shocks (direct bolt-in), and a larger '77 T-Bird front sway bar.

Mark my words, I'm going to do those front end modifications on a Mark V someday. Not the '78 beater, but another one.

Andy also has a video up of some one-wheeled burnouts. No locking diff - the whole thing was a budget build, from what I've heard.

[video=youtube]

Some before shots too:

2005_0227Image0001-1.jpg

2005_0411Image0017.jpg

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the big Lincolns a lot but the wheels put this one a little over the top for me. All else is very cool and looks great.

...but the wheels put this one a little over the top for me.
I would have gone with 15" steelies running dog-dish caps and trim rings off from a Boss 351.

::tease::

Yea, I know I'm weird.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanna put a coyote 5.0 in a either a 87 ltd crown Victoria or a 2007 CV P71 Interceptor . I like odd ball builds

I had an 89 MarkVII LSC, with the 5.0 HO- Loved it! Was one of the best cars I ever owned! After that I had a 96 MarkVIII with the 32V 4.6, It also was a good car, but the 89 was my favorite of the 2.

Normally, green (regardless of the shade, light, meduim, or dark) and brown as colors is a no-no for the desirability factor and re-sell on the luxury cars. For example, ember metallic 1978 Diamond Jubilees do not attract much attention or bring a decent price in the classic luxury car market. But the triple blue units or polar white/blue vinyl top (see pix) remain popular and seem to bring a good price.

But, having said that, green seems to sit well with your Lincoln, especially when matched by the tan top. Nicely done. Have you tried the factory wheels with the new set-up?

Normally, green (regardless of the shade, light, meduim, or dark) and brown as colors is a no-no for the desirability factor and re-sell on the luxury cars. For example, ember metallic 1978 Diamond Jubilees do not attract much attention or bring a decent price in the classic luxury car market. But the triple blue units or polar white/blue vinyl top (see pix) remain popular and seem to bring a good price.
Funny, as I'd give my two back teeth for one of these:

mark41976desertsand.jpg

Never quite cared for white or (especially) Wedgewood blue hues, but I'll make a particular exception for that T-bird. It looks especially elegant with the quarter window delete.

But, having said that, green seems to sit well with your Lincoln, especially when matched by the tan top. Nicely done. Have you tried the factory wheels with the new set-up?
It isn't mine, but a few of the photos do show that Andy ran the car with the original rims and tires on it.

-Kurt

Latest posts

Back