I need help routing my vacuum lines!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
vacuum8.jpg

Hi All. I want the engine vacuum hoses and emission controls in my Bright Blue 72 R code convertible to be as correct as possible. I finished the job last weekend but want to set the timing and fine tune everything this weekend. The schematic I found does not show how any of the hoses would go to the temperature control valve on the engine block. As you can see in the pics, there are already a lot of confusing connections and devices as part of the system, and I don't understand how they all work. I read about the temp control valve and there seems to be differing opinions on how it works and what it does. Please look at the attached pics and vacuum schematic and see if or how I should run the hoses to the temp control valve. By the way, before I had the emissions equipment hooked up, the motor would occasionally back fire when I "goosed" it from idle. That has stopped, but it doesn't seem to rev as fast as it did before I hooked up the equipment. Maybe that will be fixed when I put a timing light on it tomorrow.

vacuum1.jpg

vacuum2.jpg

vacuum3.jpg

vacuum4.jpg

vacuum5.jpg

vacuum6.jpg

vacuum7.jpg

vacuum9.jpg

vacuum10.jpg

vacuum11.jpg

vacuum12.jpg

vacuum13.jpg

vacuum14.jpg

vacuum15.jpg

Hi All. I want the engine vacuum hoses and emission controls in my Bright Blue 72 R code convertible to be as correct as possible. I finished the job last weekend but want to set the timing and fine tune everything this weekend. The schematic I found does not show how any of the hoses would go to the temperature control valve on the engine block. As you can see in the pics, there are already a lot of confusing connections and devices as part of the system, and I don't understand how they all work. I read about the temp control valve and there seems to be differing opinions on how it works and what it does. Please look at the attached pics and vacuum schematic and see if or how I should run the hoses to the temp control valve. By the way, before I had the emissions equipment hooked up, the motor would occasionally back fire when I "goosed" it from idle. That has stopped, but it doesn't seem to rev as fast as it did before I hooked up the equipment. Maybe that will be fixed when I put a timing light on it tomorrow.
all i've got, these are for a 72

IMG_3378.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back