In search of ABQ body shop

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reconrover

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang fastback. Bought this from another member about 8 years ago. He did a LOT of work. I'm in the final stages of body/paint. Anyone out there in Albquerque looking for some side work on my stang?
Hello all. Looking for a body/paint man in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I've had the car to a couple of folks who have backed out, or have changed their mind on me. I prefer to work with a person that has his own little shop, and does side work. I like to make sure that guys have some extra cash to put food on the table for the family.

Anyway...if anyone knows of a guy that might have interest, drop me a line.

[email protected]

Good luck. Body shops come and go very quickly in ABQ. When I lived there I had my 85 GT painted by a guy who went out of business within a year. The same thing for another friend who had another 85 GT. 99% of all the shops in town want collision work. In and out and big profits from insurance companies. No one seems to want to sand on an older car to repair old damage not located to a specific area. Then deal with a customer who may not have the cash to finish the project through to the end. But then if you pay up front, your car might never get finished. Then will the quality be good enough for you when its all done? That's why I started learning how to paint cars myself.

I wish you luck. Its not easy out there.

I appreciate the info. Yeah..I looked on some of the ABQ Rod Club websites (not that there are that many), and many of the pics/links that members had sent in with info on their body shop....were long closed.

I'll keep plugging away. If I were home (in Kandahar at present), I'd get the car blasted myself, and take care of several of the smaller jobs...but alas...marooned, lol.

Back