Inner fender reinforcement?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there. I have 2 of these, 1 x L/H and 1 x R/H side. They are second hand ones rescued from some fenders I had, and they have been sandblasted and painted in a red oxide paint to stop them from rusting up. They are both up for sale on Ebay UK site. I am based in the UK

Whats wrong with the ones in the photo, they look pretty good to me, better than my ones that I am selling

I can't seem to picture which part is this. Anytime I read "reinforcement" I get excited about it but I have no idea about this one.
They fit up in here Tony:

Attachments

• 20240801_101707.jpg
    20240801_101707.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
They fit up in here Tony:
Why in the world they aren’t included on a new fender is beyond me. The same was true with a NOS Torino fender I had.
I was told with the Torino by a long time Torino guy you have to fit the fender extension before welding in this same reinforcement or it can throw off the front of the fender. There are lots of examples of 70/71 Torinos with the edge towards the hood that are pointed downward and don’t line up with the hood.

Latest posts

Back