Interior dashboard removal step by step....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

72HCODE wrote;

73 dash tops have extra screws under the windshield that must be removed to allow the dash top to be removed.

Can anyone tell me the lokation of those?

br Olav

Wow - what a pic! ::thumb::

And what a crappy place to put phillips head screws.   :whistling:

here i am ...... about 12 years after this thread was created. i am currently at this point. my 71' grande has gone through a full rotisserie restoration. it has gone mostly well. i am currently putting my interior back together. carpet in. rear window, package tray, front and back seats. headliner, and interior panels are in. sent off seatbelts to python. i didnt realize until today, that the entire dash was preassembled before installation. or i probably would have done that. however, my saving grace is that my front windshield is not yet installed. also my metal dash pad panel and dash pad are also not yet installed. doors are still off also. so if all goes well, i should be able to access trouble areas from up top, and through the glove box space. thankfully i dont have AC to deal with. also my firewall insulation, and heater air box are already installed. if i need extra room, i can easily remove my front seats to give me more comfortable area to lay down. my big center console is restored and ready to go in, but i will leave it out for now. in order to have that little bit of extra elbow room. not to mention not risking breaking it somehow. most importantly..... i know that a wise man will pray about ALL THINGS. even dash installations, and car restorations. i got this !

Back