Interior panels??? I think

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Heff

Reaction score
My Car
Supercharged Mach1
Hi all. I am just putting my finishing touches on my 17 year resto project on a 73 Mach 1 Fastback, and just finishing off laying a new carpet, seat belts etc. I have these 2 panels, and I cannot remember where they actually fit. I'm sure they are interior bits. They measure 42 inches long and they are left and right handed. Can anyone help me please. Many thanks

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    156.8 KB
Hi, thanks for your reply, where abouts are these weatherstrippings located exactly?

Hi, thanks for your reply, where abouts are these weatherstrippings located exactly?
And if they are not weathered or just a few minor cracks, I'd reuse them before buying any reproductions.

Hi all. I am just putting my finishing touches on my 17 year resto project on a 73 Mach 1 Fastback, and just finishing off laying a new carpet, seat belts etc. I have these 2 panels, and I cannot remember where they actually fit. I'm sure they are interior bits. They measure 42 inches long and they are left and right handed. Can anyone help me please. Many thanks
Window felts

Mounts to the top of door outside that the window seals against

Thanks guys for your help. No wonder I did not recognise where it went, it does not match the replacement set I bought 4 years ago from CJ Ponyparts. They are much thinner than the original ones I took off 17 years ago. The thin one on the right is the replacement for the larger one thats in the middle and the one on the left with the chrome lip is the door card window felt. Is the old thick one correct for this 73 Mustang, or was it from another vehicle? Has anyone else had similar experience with the window felt replacements?

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    224.1 KB
Thanks guys for your help. No wonder I did not recognise where it went, it does not match the replacement set I bought 4 years ago from CJ Ponyparts. They are much thinner than the original ones I took off 17 years ago. The thin one on the right is the replacement for the larger one thats in the middle and the one on the left with the chrome lip is the door card window felt. Is the old thick one correct for this 73 Mustang, or was it from another vehicle? Has anyone else had similar experience with the window felt replacements?
Read through this post: https://7173mustangs.com/threads/new-glass-install.24503/

Back