Intro

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome SR71 BLACKBIRD,

My 1971 is a sports roof also. It is an early production due to the rear seat cross members are different than later builds.

Welcome from Wake Forest, NC

mustang7173

Thanks, I really appreciate the compliments! I'll have to check all of your Mustangs out. It's interesting to see everyone's take on the big Mustangs and what they've done to them.

One of the first things that struck me about my '72 when I first saw it was it's long hood. I tried to accentuate that by leaving the antenna off and having a hidden one inside the right inside quarter trim. It does alright for reception. I also have Sirius radio on this, with the antenna hidden under the package tray. I'm sure the big back window doesn't hurt reception. It's fun to do modifications to the car that are not at first noticed, but are functional. With the E-85 setup, I'm running the Aeromotive Stealth in-tank pump which goes into the top of the tank. Too bad it won't be seen by anyone when it's installed, but that's the whole idea.

best picture hosting

I always thought the SR-71 was an amazing aircraft. The more I've read about it, the more I appreciate the engineering that went into it. Thought it would be a good metaphor for my '72 Mustang. My uncle worked for Kaiser Electronics in San Jose back in the '80's, and would get me t-shirts with aircraft like the F-15 Eagle, or the F-16 Falcon on it; I've always had some fascination with military aircraft.

Back