Introducing the new and improved 73vertproject

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks Great! Are you going to do a hood pin install? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great Doc,

I think you'll like the NASA hood treatment, but I didn't love mine until I put the functional Ram Air into it. Just make you feel better watching the flappers open and close as it warms up!

Marty
Marty, flappers should be

open with motor off

closed with motor running

open at wide open throttle

They should not be opening and closing as the motor warms up

Don
Don,

You are "Spot On" as usual. I checked and they are working as you described. I tried to talk my wife into holding on to the hood and check at open throttle, but she declined.

Looks kinda like mine. LOL

IMAG0882.jpg

Wow, that looks like what I'm looking for. Either that, or the stripes. Gotta get a little work done on the hood so the seam alignment is better, and get the ding fixed in the PS fender, so I've got some time to think about it. Thanks for the pics!!

Kinda miss the look of the old hood with the stripes, so I'm looking around for cool hood treatments for NASA hoods on 'verts.
All-white Boss 351 style?

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda miss the look of the old hood with the stripes, so I'm looking around for cool hood treatments for NASA hoods on 'verts.
All-white Boss 351 style?

-Kurt
There ya' go, Kurt, just had to add another great idea into the mix, dang it, huh? :p

Got me some thinking to do, I guess. Thanks, all, for the ideas. ;)

Back