Introduction from the Pacific Northwest

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. As Ole Pony said, I also just registered on the Mach 1 site. I finished the car just this month and decided to search the internet for people with like interests, and found that site and this one. In retrospect, I should have been looking while I was working on the car but I was spending time with it instead of the computer. I only know a little history of it. I bought it from the dad of a guy I work with about 4 years ago as a non-running "parts car". When I went to see it and saw it was a Q code, I decided to buy it and save it. Way to much time and money later, it's all done, but missing a few small pieces, that I'll be posting want ads for. At some point it was in Japan, as there is a tune up spec sticker on the fan shroud in english and japanese. I left it there, but removed all the Air Force and DOD parking stickers from the windshield. I tried to save them, but they were just too old. As to it's color, it's the factory Saddle Bronze Metallic with Medium Ginger interior. Initially I wasn't all that excited about it, but after seeing it done, it's growing on me. The ginger simulates leather and the paint looks like a shiny new penny. I haven't driven it much yet, the engine isn't even broke in, but have received great reviews from people that have seen it, and even people just driving down the road honk and give a thumbs up.

Steve

Welcome! I'm currently living in Bothell, WA and will be moving to Lynnwood soon. Very nice Mustang! :)

Rich

::welcome:: and enjoy the site rvrtrash!

Yeah Steve, several of us on here have met up. Great group of guys on here! Best place on the net! I hardly go to any other forum car related or other topic. This place is home.

Btw, what color is your 73? Seems like I've seen a similar one somewhere.

DSC_4611b.jpg
Don, with the way you have those Machs shined up, I'd drive down there and relieve you of one, if I didn't know your future plans! Couldn't bear to disappoint one of the younguns!

Don, with the way you have those Machs shined up, I'd drive down there and relieve you of one, if I didn't know your future plans! Couldn't bear to disappoint one of the younguns!
Send me a PM if you are serious. I have one extra drivable one that I am thinking about selling. By the way, they are all not that shiny and all need work. On the ginger one in the pic I photoshopped the rust out of the quarters and bottom door area...that was the easiest body work I've ever done. I did it to see what it would look like all fancied up and put the pic up on here. :D

Send me a PM if you are serious. I have one extra drivable one that I am thinking about selling. By the way, they are all not that shiny and all need work. On the ginger one in the pic I photoshopped the rust out of the quarters and bottom door area...that was the easiest body work I've ever done. I did it to see what it would look like all fancied up and put the pic up on here. :D
Ah, you're an honest man! I have rusty cowl, windshield surround, lower quarters and tailight panel... Been trying to work up my nerve to start cutting and welding (and time)! I bought a junker a few years ago and cut it up since it was much worse than advertised for a usable shell, although I did get some pieces.

Sorry for the hijack here folks, but Don started it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back