Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy from Phoenix. Looks like a fun project.

I think you did a typo on the transmission. All C4's are small block pattern and won't work with a 429.
No it wasn't a typo, It's a C4. My uncle is the one who installed the drive train; engine, tranny and driveshaft, and rear end. I recently, last week, pulled the motor and tranny to detail them both and the engine bay also and he installed 2 spacing plates between the tranny and the engine. He had told me with out those it wouldn't mate correctly. Honestly I'm no expert in that so I couldn't tell you, but he knows what he's doing...

Welcome from Virginia. Great to see another rag top saved from the crusher. What color do you plan on painting?
Yes I can't believe people let them go to waste! Especially one's that aren't in terrible shape... Mine has no cancer embedded, just surface rust... I was completely taken back! As for color I am up in the air... I've seen this 73' FB painted Fiji Blue and I'm in love!.. But also dig a charcoal grey or a ruby red...

Welcome from coastal Alabama. Cool looking car. What's you plan for it?
Hello, I'm planning on going restomod as it is not a number matching car or anything... I've been looking into the air ride suspension from Ridetech, also doing a brake upgrade all around, custom interior and what not... hopefully it comes together how I imagine it in my mind!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Virginia! Update us often on the progress!

Howdy from Phoenix. Looks like a fun project.

I think you did a typo on the transmission. All C4's are small block pattern and won't work with a 429.
No it wasn't a typo, It's a C4. My uncle is the one who installed the drive train; engine, tranny and driveshaft, and rear end. I recently, last week, pulled the motor and tranny to detail them both and the engine bay also and he installed 2 spacing plates between the tranny and the engine. He had told me with out those it wouldn't mate correctly. Honestly I'm no expert in that so I couldn't tell you, but he knows what he's doing...

Welcome from Virginia. Great to see another rag top saved from the crusher. What color do you plan on painting?
Yes I can't believe people let them go to waste! Especially one's that aren't in terrible shape... Mine has no cancer embedded, just surface rust... I was completely taken back! As for color I am up in the air... I've seen this 73' FB painted Fiji Blue and I'm in love!.. But also dig a charcoal grey or a ruby red...

Welcome from coastal Alabama. Cool looking car. What's you plan for it?
Hello, I'm planning on going restomod as it is not a number matching car or anything... I've been looking into the air ride suspension from Ridetech, also doing a brake upgrade all around, custom interior and what not... hopefully it comes together how I imagine it in my mind!
It seems to me that I have heard of the C4 being offered in the big block pattern although I think that they are fairly rare. The racers love them for the weight savings.

Back