Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you been able to turn the motor over? At least by hand? As for the belts it looks like someone added an additional pulley on the alternator.

I would start considerably lower than what you want to pay. Maybe start at $2k?? See where it goes. I hate to give advice on what to pay for a car without seeing it in person.

Thanks for the advise. I have not started nor turned it. I would offer 3k if I could turn it. I feel the body is in pretty good shape for 40+ years. I just don't know what these cars are worth. Very little info out there.

What is a good a Mach one worth with no engine, with a above average body? I guess that is what I would like to know.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each car is different and geographical area differs as well. I paid $2k for my running 1973 Sports Roof (Not a Mach 1). I drove it home, but ended up having to rebuilding the engine anyway. Keep that in mind. I think 3k would be the top price. In not running condition, no more than 2k.

I would get a jack and jack stands and really check out underside. Open the glove box and look up where the heater box meets the cowl and see how bad the rust is. If it checks out to be solid 3k is top dollar.

Welcome from coastal Alabama. Be sure to drop a pin on the Member Map (under the Fun Stuff tab at the top of the page).

so did you buy the car any updates?

Welcome from Rhode Island. The guys on this forum all know these cars. They are also willing to help with any advice you may need IE: purchasing, part sources and technical repair. $4000 seems a little steep for something looking this rough at a glance. As the other members have mentioned more information like the VIN # would really determine the value as well as the existence of rust and where. 

Best, Ron

It appears the this car had air conditioning and it was haphazardly bypassed.

Back