It´s official: I´m getting old.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be 68 next month. Need new glasses, TV turned up, up at least 4x a night. Growing old ain't for sissies.

Jim
Whew,

I was going to ask that we start a "how old are you" thread and hope I was not the oldest. In my job I am considered pretty old and I get tired of people asking why don't you retire.

I am 60 and just decided this week to retire in April 2014. I will have worked 40 years at that time. Buying the Mustang was the main reason I decided to leave. First time I have had a hobby and non LEO friends. It is a very nice feeling.

Oddly enough, I was prescribed glasses for near-sightedness when I was 10 "for reading and watching TV." Well, when I wore them I noticed I couldn't see sh!t long distance for about an hour after reading or watching TV and wearing the glasses - so I just kept wearing them all the time. When I hit high school, I'd had enough of the glasses (too cool for them, I guess), and surprisingly, my eyes actually got better.

My eyes are kind of weird. Some days, I'm 20/20-ish... and others I'm 20/30, to 20/40 - depending on how much rest I get. I'm also slightly red-green color blind, which might explain why a good set of polarized sun-glasses seems to improve my vision as well.

"Age" for me comes in the form of achy joints and blown-out knees.
Hey Eric, how's your blood sugar? It can do strange things with your vision.

I just turned 56, I've been wearing glasses for a little over 40 years. They wouldn't let me take drivers ed until I got em.

It's like Garth Brooks sang... "I'm much too young to feel this damn old" !!!
+1 on the blood sugar...I have low blood sugar and it really messes with my vision

Back