Jeep to a 72

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D1ZE- 302 Boss Block? Never heard of a 1971 Boss 302?

Hello an welcome from SW Ontario, Canada.
Another "thing" I noticed is the 71 only HP PS hose over the top of the shock tower brace. Any idea when the car was built? There could have been some overlap at the start of the 72 run, using up parts from 71.
Nice looking car though and a talking point because it has a Boss 302 engine. Is it true B 302 though? Cleveland heads can be put onto 302 or 351 Windsor blocks.
Regardless enjoy your car.

[/QUOTE]
Hello an welcome from SW Ontario, Canada.
Another "thing" I noticed is the 71 only HP PS hose over the top of the shock tower brace. Any idea when the car was built? There could have been some overlap at the start of the 72 run, using up parts from 71.
Nice looking car though and a talking point because it has a Boss 302 engine. Is it true B 302 though? Cleveland heads can be put onto 302 or 351 Windsor blocks.
Regardless enjoy your car.
You are correct with the long style power steering hose carried into 1972 Stanglover. My April built 72 has one.

Welcome from Seattle. The Boss 302 is a bad ass engine.The website mustangtek.com has casting numbers for blocks, heads, and just about everything else. I have always liked the 429 engines but maybe if I am lucky I will be able to build a Boss302 someday.

You are correct with the long style power steering hose carried into 1972 Stanglover. My April built 72 has one.
[/QUOTE]
I had 2 April 72's but I don't remember what hose was on the H code. The Q code was manual steering but I converted it to PS with a junk yard part which I think was a short hose.

Back