Jimglo Open Trailer Ordered

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I read one of Mike's posts, it re- inspires me to go and do something fun with my Mustang!

It has been a while since I have found the continual joy of just taking it out for a cruise. Seems mostly to come out for shows and cruise-nights. Kinda makes a chore out of it.

Thanks Mike! Taking mine for a cruise to nowhere special tomorrow...like I used to!

Congratulations on your retirement!

Every time I read one of Mike's posts, it re- inspires me to go and do something fun with my Mustang!

It has been a while since I have found the continual joy of just taking it out for a cruise. Seems mostly to come out for shows and cruise-nights. Kinda makes a chore out of it.

Thanks Mike! Taking mine for a cruise to nowhere special tomorrow...like I used to!

Congratulations on your retirement!
Kit and All of You,

Buying my Mustang last year has truly changed my life. I would not have retired if not for the car. Once I started showing the car and making so many friends outside of my police circle it made me realize how much more there is to life.

I decided to retire shortly after getting the car. I had to work myself toward the date I had set which was April 2015. As time went by I changed the date a couple of times knowing that I could let go of something that I had dedicated my life to and be absolutely comfortable walking away. I had always feared the reality of being a police officer one day and the next day being a retired police officer.

What I know now is that we all work for a comfortable retirement. If you have reached that point you then have to decide if you want more money or more time. If it is more money you keep working. If you want more time you stop working and enjoy what life you have left. Life is short and you never know just what is left on the old odometer!

Sorry this got so deep but sometimes the heart just takes over. I will continue to enjoy my family and truly enjoy being the caretaker of a car that will outlive all of us with any luck. I hope my car will change the lives of many people in the future when I am gone!

So to Kit and all of my 71-73 Forum friends, enjoy your cars and while you are crusing down the road think about all the good things that make life worth living.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back