Just a few cruisin' pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Caught in the rain a few weeks ago

27sept10 025.jpg

Arby's Cruise In tonight

100_37622.jpg

Lil' Mustang Buddy

100_37632.jpg

Nice pics!

I still don't know why they call the 71-73s 'big bodies.' When you compare them to the earlier models, they're only different proportionally. The 71-73s only seem 'bigger' or 'longer' because of different proportions. Sure, the hood seems longer, but that's because they set the cabin a bit further back for a longer hood and shorter trunk, and lowered the roof a little.

Or maybe it's just me.

Lookin good man, when I have mine parked next to each other our machs are really just barely longer and wider. There "meaner" looking than the rest of the mustangs if you ask me.

IMG00012-20100929-2201.jpg

I agree...size wise they aren't much different but the 71-73's do look a lot meaner! 64-68 have that old look and the 69-70 started looking meaner, but the 71-73's look totally aggressive! LOL! Don't get me wrong, I like all years and I would be proud to own any one of them, but the 71-73 variety just does it for me! My next choice would be a 69 or 70!

I agree...size wise they aren't much different but the 71-73's do look a lot meaner! 64-68 have that old look and the 69-70 started looking meaner, but the 71-73's look totally aggressive! LOL! Don't get me wrong, I like all years and I would be proud to own any one of them, but the 71-73 variety just does it for me! My next choice would be a 69 or 70!
I agree 100% I love the 68,to 70 but my choice was always 71 to 73 {for my first one hahaha. We will see what the future holds}.

Lookin good man, when I have mine parked next to each other our machs are really just barely longer and wider. There "meaner" looking than the rest of the mustangs if you ask me.
That picture [mach1460] almost reminds me of being at an airshow and seeing an old WWII fighter parked next to an F-16. You still look at both and think "Man, I wish I had one of those." (that applies to either the airplanes or your fine lookin' Mustangs)

Ha, thats a good analogy. Thanks! the mach i built on my own, but the 66 was a hand me down ( i know I know) it actually runs/looks great but needs a lot of TLC. My parents bought it in 81 from the origional owner and its pretty much been in storage ever since, maybe put 500 miles a year at the most. Now that I finally got a 3 stall garage I can take care of her. Were a big mustang family, my brother has a 67 coupe and my other brother had a 72 like mine but sold it for a wedding ring. What a bonehead hah. No better hobby in the world as far as im concerned.

Back