Just finished my audio installation,,,,,i think

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexican

Reaction score
My Car
71 mustang grande
I installed 2 Kicker 6x9 speakers, had to modifie the deck holes and for a moment i tought i messed up but it worked out ok, installed a Pioneer deck with blue tooth and the whole 9 yards, also installed a 12 inch Pioner competition sub in a ported box in the trunk, i have a 5 channel amp pushing 75 watts rms to the rear speakers and 550 watts pushing the sub, the front speakers i need to figure out, this is my first experience with a ported box and i don;t like it, the bass is too sloppy and inacurate, anybody have experience with boxes in the trunk? any sugestions to correct the bass? i don't want a lot of bass but want it to sound good, :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ported enclosures have to be properly designed and constructed. The enclosure volume, port size (area), length and shape all have to taken into consideration. The enclosure volume has to be compatible with the speaker size and operating characteristics, the speaker manufacturer will generally recommend the correct size of enclosure. The correct materials have to be used for the enclosure (density and thickness) and the lining (sound absorption). And, the speakers have to be designed for a ported enclosure.

I think i will install 2 10 inch subs in an enclosed box instead of that 12 in a ported box, tighter bass

Latest posts

Back