Little Plastic Fillers Top Of Fenders

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyclone03

Reaction score
My Car
72 351HO
It’s my understanding that the 71’s got plastic fillers at the top of the fenders,forward of the doors near the base of the windshield .

Can those pieces be properly installed with the fenders installed?

It’s my understanding that the 71’s got plastic fillers at the top of the fenders,forward of the doors near the base of the windshield .

Can those pieces be properly installed with the fenders installed?
Only very early 71’s got these pieces…

Yes, they can easily be replaced without removing the fender. They are held in place by two screws. If you have original fenders on your 71 you can see the screw holes.

I recently put a pair on my Boss 351, it was easy even for a non mechanic like myself! 😂

Yes, they can easily be replaced without removing the fender. They are held in place by two screws. If you have original fenders on your 71 you can see the screw holes.

I recently put a pair on my Boss 351, it was easy even for a non mechanic like myself! 😂
Would you have an installed picture?

Thanks for posting that photo Fabrice! It's tough to know what the end pieces (the ones at the door end of the fender) look like. My Sept. '70-built Mach has one of them left but its broken so I had no idea what to look for!

@mjlan yeah these are some really weird parts and there is little to no description about them.
Overly complex and frankly useless. (doesn't make them cheaper on the market tho :O )
If they wanted to reduce air drag or noise, they could have come with something much more simple.
Probably why they were discontinued.

@MikeGriese You could. One trick is to use those screw driver bits, +- 1/2 inch long, they usually are hexa shape and you can then use a small flat wrench to fasten them.

Last edited:
Back