Living with Vette instead of Stang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a Limey Brit - I'm allowed to take the whizz out of Merrriiicans. If you hadn't have given us a huge shipping container of whoopass at Bunker Hill, you'd all be playing poncey Cricket. 🤪

....anyway It's meant with love. (y) :love:
Imagine what would have happened if we hadn't run out of powder. I'm glad you ditched the Vette. Chuck

Purchased a 73 Stang vert. Then did this. Goodbye VETTE!
STANG way way way way more fun.

Attachments

• image000000 (10).jpg
    image000000 (10).jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 0
Wow, a lot of negativity towards the other American automotive icon. I'm motivated to try to balance that out a little... I've owned both, and for a while, did so simultaneously. Only reason I sold my C3 corvette was to help offset legal fees I knew I would incur as I fought for custody of my 2 toddler granddaughters - and would own one again. Of course, the Mustang will stay put regardless.

I’ve got agree, owning a Corvette is challenging. I have my father’s 1964 Corvette. It also marks its territory. I find that I drive it a day and wait a week for parts. But that 1 day of driving it is so worth all the wrenching.

Now, just to be fair, FoMoCo put an 8 Grand Tachometer, stock, in my '71 Mach. REALLY? God help me if my engine could EVER sees 8 Grand, and live to tell! I think that's just wishfull thinking on Ford's part, but it sho-nuff looks racey! For sure, with the factory supplied rear gearing of 3.00:1, even IF any factory engine could hit 8 Grand, why only give the car a 120 MPH speedo? But, why try to make sense of these things?

Now, just to be fair, FoMoCo put an 8 Grand Tachometer, stock, in my '71 Mach. REALLY? God help me if my engine could EVER sees 8 Grand, and live to tell! I think that's just wishfull thinking on Ford's part, but it sho-nuff looks racey! For sure, with the factory supplied rear gearing of 3.00:1, even IF any factory engine could hit 8 Grand, why only give the car a 120 MPH speedo? But, why try to make sense of these things?
The 8k tach with 3.0:1 rear end is in case you dont feel like shifting gears that day. Drive all around town in 1st gear.

............and then,if you had ordered a performance package that would have gears and engine capability of turning more "Rs", the factory says " Oh no you don't", and puts a rev limiter on those cars to KEEP YOU from hitting big numbers. I knew a girl in school like that.........

Back