Looking for white pony vinyl floor mats

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang convertible
Hey peeps! Anyone know a supplier of white vinyl mustang pony floor mats? Back in the day I had a set for my stang of the era, it really made the interior pop, thanks!

My '72 convertible came with white floor mats. The originals wore out over 30 years ago and I replaced them with reproduction white mats, which were a perfect match for the originals. I still have them, but they've become scruffy and discolored with age. I have not seen the white reproductions for sale in many years. The black ones are widely available. Black will look fine with my interior (white seats and door panels, black dash/console/carpet) but I'd rather have the white mats for that visual "pop" that swice noted. Maybe somewhere there is a set of NOS white mats for sale, but I'm sure the price would be prohibitive, especially for a non-councours car.

I'd also love to find a set of white rear seat side panels. I ran across a NOS pair of white '71 panels without the seat belt slots (which are correct for my early '72 car) about 25 years ago at a swap meet, but the $800 price was way outta my budget, and I've never run across another set since. That price would still be outta my budget. What I have in the car now is a set of dark green '71 panels that came from a wrecked convertible that I bought crazy-cheap and parted out about 28 years ago. I cut the holes for the power window switches and dual ash trays (like you'd find in a Cougar) and then painted them white to match my interior. I don't care what the rattle-can labels say, I have yet to find a paint that "works on plastic" which really does adhere properly. So every few years I have to pull the side panels, strip them, primer them, and respray them. Frustrating.

Same thing for my plastic seat back panels, too. They also came from the green parts car and have been painted white.

interior view.jpg

My 72 came with white floor mats
( I replaced mine with blue repops a couple years ago).
I agree with others that the white ones really “pop”

I haven't seen them in a few years, but I have them stored somewhere in the garage.

Back in the day, used a bleach/ water mix on them to whiten them up from time to time.

If I recall it correctly, they look somewhat creamy coloured now…and I think a couple might have a couple of minor rips where they rubbed on the seat tracks.

That said many years ago, I did find a set of rear white mats (advertised as NOS on EBay )…which are also stored in the garage. I haven’t even opened up what I recall was in ford box/packaging.

I would consider selling, the problem is shipping costs from Canada to USA, make the total costs unrealistic to a potential buyer (in my opinion)

My 72 came with white floor mats
( I replaced mine with blue repops a couple years ago).
I agree with others that the white ones really “pop”

I haven't seen them in a few years, but I have them stored somewhere in the garage.

Back in the day, used a bleach/ water mix on them to whiten them up from time to time.

If I recall it correctly, they look somewhat creamy coloured now…and I think a couple might have a couple of minor rips where they rubbed on the seat tracks.

That said many years ago, I did find a set of rear white mats (advertised as NOS on EBay )…which are also stored in the garage. I haven’t even opened up what I recall was in ford box/packaging.

I would consider selling, the problem is shipping costs from Canada to USA, make the total costs unrealistic to a potential buyer (in my opinion)
Thanks for checking, I’ll just stay with my black mats for now, if they come back into production, I’d seriously look into it.

Back