Stripe replacement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yancy55

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351 - original owner
The argent stripes on my '71 mustang are about 15 years old and unfortunately I have incurred some damage on one of the stripes. I sent for some striping from CJ Pony Parts and of course they are nowhere near a match as they are about 4 shades too dark. I really do not want to re-stripe the car so the striping all matches. Does anyone know of a company that can match colors if I sent them a sample?? Thank you in advance.....

The argent stripes on my '71 mustang are about 15 years old and unfortunately I have incurred some damage on one of the stripes. I sent for some striping from CJ Pony Parts and of course they are nowhere near a match as they are about 4 shades too dark. I really do not want to re-stripe the car so the striping all matches. Does anyone know of a company that can match colors if I sent them a sample?? Thank you in advance.....
Graphics Express in Florida.
Mine are black, but pretty good quality. Follow their instructions to the letter.
I found stripe kits for NPD and likely CJ Pony were the wrong sheen and missing a lot of glue. they were in the garbage pdq.

I think one of the problems is that after 15 years these companies like CJ could have changed distributors so that getting the same sheen in unobtanium.....and as I do not need to have any other of the striping on the car replaced I was hoping I could find a company to color match it like you find at a paint shop.....

I never gave that a thought and have one right down the street!!!! Thanks!

I think you'll find Graphics Express will be very close to correct. The black seems pretty good.
Actually, somehow the set I bought was missing one piece. They sent me the piece, but it was in Argent. I think they were a bit embarrassed because they sent me a complete replacement set and didn't want the other set back. Great company to work with imo.
You might be able to get a sample piece from them if you explain your needs.

Back