• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lots of 71-73's for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep like I've been saying..Lots of nice cars coming to market every day..The market is flooded right now...Never been a better time to be a buyer..Not so good for the sellers though..

Ya...I notice camaro craze is kinda dieing out a bit.....They are pulling less money than our mach 1's lately....Our years of mach 1's seem to be holding there own thou...I think its cause less of them on the road over all.

Ya...I notice camaro craze is kinda dieing out a bit.....They are pulling less money than our mach 1's lately....Our years of mach 1's seem to be holding there own thou...I think its cause less of them on the road over all.
I'm gonna respectably disagree on that..I saw a few 68-69 camaros go across the mechum auction block this week 1 brought over 100k all over 40k

You can have a redone nicely restored 71-73 right now in the 17-25k range all day long..I haven't seen any 71-73's selling in the 50-70k range for quite some time..The sellers might be asking 50k or better but there not getting it

At prices that some of those 71-73's are selling for after complete restorations...you know the owners are losing their asses. I'd lose my ass on mine based upon the money I've put into it and what it would sell for, and it's just a mechancial restoration, barely started on the body; therefore it'll be with me a long time, don't want to sell anyway.

Buying a already nicely restored rare 71-73 and letting someone else take the loss would be what I'd do if I had it to over. Dummy me thought I could do it cheaper if I did alot of the work myself.:blush:

Jim

You will never BUILD a car cheaper than you can buy one but the difference is if you build it you know exactly what you have. No short cuts to save cost etc............................................

I'm gonna respectably disagree on that..I saw a few 68-69 camaros go across the mechum auction block this week 1 brought over 100k all over 40k

You can have a redone nicely restored 71-73 right now in the 17-25k range all day long..I haven't seen any 71-73's selling in the 50-70k range for quite some time..The sellers might be asking 50k or better but there not getting it
Awww i dont trust mecham or any action block..I heard so many stories of cars being pushed way to high of price than what is real....they even been sued for taking the best ones for there freinds and over pricing same car with mods...Just cause they making a point...They also been known for selling modifide cars for way more than one that comes across with all factory ...Just a few years ago..My buddy paid 8,000 for a drag raced cutt up one...If he waited...He could of got a cleaner one now....I watch the 100,000 dollar sweet 396 camaro's never sell on ebay...They just get relisted....I think they like to show us that on auctions to make everyone think there's is worth the same...Btw...barret jacksons sold a mach 1...1973..i seen once for 80,000 and it was just a q code with a marti report saying it was 1 of only 200 made...I was like huh? Mine is 1 of 1...No way in hell i could get that out of mine even minty fresh..lol

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=751&aid=223 this one sold for 77,000

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=117&aid=221 this one for 64,000

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1078&aid=443 heck even this 1973 mach 1 H code sold on there for 40,000!! this year...2012.. and its not even all original..Not even the right stripes....I always take the auction price..then cutt it in half...Then you mite get what the car is realy worth..."but i guess thats the eye of the beholder"...But i dont trust them...They been sued too many time for price fixing....But on ebay..I notice the ss camaro's getting into the 30,000 range pretty nice...same with a nice mach 1...Which you cant even begin to compared them to the prices of the 69 and 70 stangs...I think our years are catching up fast.

I guess i shouldnt of said less thou....They still hanging a little high..But they come down a ton compared too a few years ago...Our years of stangs couldnt even come close...As of now..they getting realy close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww i dont trust mecham or any action block..I heard so many stories of cars being pushed way to high of price than what is real....they even been sued for taking the best ones for there friends and over pricing same car with mods...Just cause they making a point...They also been known for selling modified cars for way more than one that comes across with all factory ...I watch the 100,000 dollar sweet 396 camaro's never sell on ebay...They just get relisted....I think they like to show us that on auctions to make everyone think there's is worth the same

I always take the auction price..then cut it in half...Then you mite get what the car is realy worth..."but i guess thats the eye of the beholder"...But i dont trust them...They been sued too many time for price fixing....
I agree with you ! Ebay & Mechum, Barret Jackson It's all fluff & B.S. It means nothing...At least to me & I'm sure others who are in the know & deal in reality not fantasy..I've posted numerous times about Ebay..half the cars you see sold the deal never goes through.. I own 2 72's now & I want nothing more than the value of those cars to go through the roof ! But I'm a realist..& the reality is that the market sucks for selling UNLESS you have an uber rare car.. Right now at this point in time A tasteful restomod will bring more than a original factory car (factory cars appeal to a small collector car market..restomods appeal to broader market) I dont want to really disclose what I paid for member Mach1460's car I just bought but in my eyes & close others I 've disclosed my purchase price to it was a sweet deal..Just a year ago there's no way I could have bought that car for what I did. Cody gave me 46k worth of receipts for the car ! As Tn said theres no way your gonna recoup on a car that youv'e footed the bill for a restoration on..UNLESS youve bought them right & a majority of the work has been done & done well..I could make money on the 71 Camaro or the 72 I just bought..My Q code thats a different story :s

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you ! Ebay & Mechum, Barret Jackson It's all fluff & B.S. It means nothing...At least to me & I'm sure others who are in the know & deal in reality not fantasy..I've posted numerous times about Ebay..half the cars you see sold the deal never goes through.. I own 2 72's now & I want nothing more than the value of those cars to go through the roof ! But I'm a realist..& the reality is that the market sucks for selling UNLESS you have an uber rare car.. Right now at this point in time A tasteful restomod will bring more than a original factory car (factory cars appeal to a small collector car market..restomods appeal to broader market) I dont want to really disclose what I paid for member Mach1460's car I just bought but in my eyes & close others I 've disclosed my purchase price to it was a sweet deal..Just a year ago there's no way I could have bought that car for what I did. Cody give me 46k worth of receipts for the car ! As Tn said theres no way your gonna recoup on a car that youv'e footed the bill for a restoration on..UNLESS youve bought them right & a majority of the work has been done & done well..I could make money on the 71 Camaro or the 72 I just bought..My Q code thats a different story :s
Ya i heard some nasty stories about them bidding up to high heaven a restored mod cars...Then i was watching it one day..And a 440 dodge road runner come on the block...All beefed up with a non matching motor...Then right after it...The same car but all original with factory paint been garaged all its life comes up....440 and everything...I was like..this is going to go threw the roof!!...It sold oddly for 20,000 less...I had big question marks above my head...lol....It was a show peice original car...Well come to find out later...They ended up tring to sue barrett jacksons for porking the best cars for there clients and freinds and filling there own garages up with them...and over pricing cars that are not very valueble from there own clients and freinds...And quick selling cars that they needed or wanted....Always dirty isnt it in big bis? ;) hehe

I really like the Mach 1 convertibles, I've been seeing a lot of them lately. :huh: :huh:

Back