louvers anyone?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent the guy a note asking if he'd be willing to ship, and if he had the hinge kit. If no hinge kit, no worries - my parts '72 has 'em (but no louvers).

I know I've griped about outward visibility through the rear 'gun turret' glass, but with the back-up camera I have planned, shouldn't be an issue. :D

I sent the guy a note asking if he'd be willing to ship, and if he had the hinge kit. If no hinge kit, no worries - my parts '72 has 'em (but no louvers).

I know I've griped about outward visibility through the rear 'gun turret' glass, but with the back-up camera I have planned, shouldn't be an issue. :D
I have them on mine, and they have no effect on visibility, in other words, it is no worse than without. :D

I also put them on my 2010, besides looking more retro, they really keep a lot of sun out of the passenger area which is nice in the summer.

Well, I still haven't received a note back or anything (I contacted him through CL). Hopefully, he'll send something back tomorrow or the next day.

The view out the back with mine isn't any worse! They are layed flat so when you look out the back they are perfectly flat and can see right through them. They also do not interfere with the trunk opening at all on mine. Plus I think they really look good on the fast backs. And my back window had a lot of water spots and scratches on it, so they hide that pretty well.

louver.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! I had a set on my '82 Mustang (hatchback) and absolutely loved 'em. Keep 'em crossed for me! :D

Love them - and the newer (not original) ones are a bit shorter so the trunk lid do not scratch them ;)

I bought them from Summit (came with all mounting hardware needed)

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/sum-wl10556/overview/

Because of my highjackers I do not see anything behind me with or without the louvers except it would be a 40-ton truck right on my bumpers , so anyway... :D

Tim

LOL! Thanks, Tim. I'll keep those in mind if this deal falls through (I'm not optimistic that he's going to reply). Summit Racing just loves me, after all. rofl

:D

You're welcome - Summit likes me too... :p

The louvers are good quality and an easy install - with cleaning the window, a little bit of bending the lower hardware part in the right angle on the side position of the window, a little black car-silicon and a good eye-sight it is a 60 - 90 minutes job with a cozy beer at 11 pm... ;):D

Tim

OK bummer. So the guy never got back with me. Whatever.

I'll just order the ones from Summit Racing. Thanks again, Tim! ::thumb::

Back