Luxstang goes old school

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm diggin the old school look! Well done!

For the ones who afraid but would like to try, use Plastidip:s

Luxstang I like with black paint, as I like as original. Plus your Stang is vey close to the ground give a nice shape. For sure my exaust should touch the ground if it was so low? So what did you change? Springs? Shocks?

Holy crap Lux, that looks amazing. One question and one request: What size are the front and backs? I bought 15" black steelies and want to go for that vintage NASCAR look, and your car is rocking it hard. And the request: Do you have a high-res version of the rear-quarter shot? I'd like to make your car my desktop wallpaper.

I'm not a fan of flashiness or big wheels on vintage iron, although yours was perfectly done. But this... THIS... is the sex. It has a real mean look. I LOVE it. And thanks for installing them, gives me a good idea of what my car will eventually look like with the blacked out wheels and white letter tires.

::thumb:: Well done. And I agree with Kurt, hands down the most kickass car on the forum.

Thanks Big Blue.

The rims are 7x15 and the tires are 255/60/15 on all 4 corners. In my opinion the best tire size ever for 15 inch rims on our cars unless you decide to go really wide, like 10 inch in the rear.

They really fill those huge wheel wells.

Pm me your email address and I'll send you a pic. I dunno if the resolution will be much higher because I took it with my phone but it's worth a shot. :)

Otherwise I'll take another one for you with the camera.

It looks pretty badass with the top up.

Now it only needs a big "72" on the doors, a"Monty Burns Ford /Springfield" script on the quarter panel

and a few assorted sponsor stickers. :)

uhu8aty2.jpg

It looks pretty badass with the top up.

Now it only needs a big "72" on the doors, a"Monty Burns Ford /Springfield" script on the quarter panel

and a few assorted sponsor stickers. :)

uhu8aty2.jpg
I was thinking lower blackout with "615 HSO" plates ;)

Jokes aside, your hood blackout and hood pins always remind me of Halicki's Gone in 60 Seconds cars.

-Kurt

Thanks Jenny.

I ordered new 18 inch tires. They should be here on Monday or Tuesday. Then it's back to the big rims and the old school look will only be an anecdote in history. :)

Ok, after some snafu with the carrier, my new rear tires came today. I love it when I check the tracking and it says "delivered" and someone signed for them but the tires are not where they are supposed to be.

So after spending 90 minutes on the phone yesterday and raising hell with the carrier (DPD by the way) they finally figured out where they had delivered.

So today I had them mounted and balanced and I swapped the Magnums for the 18 inch rims again.

That is why I hereby declare: the era of Old School Luxstang is over.

From now on it is the "Official Luxstang Look" as we knew it: Lowered convertible with 18 inch rims and big ass 285 rear tires.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back