Mach 1 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture of the Decor Option trim moldings. I believe the molding you have are lower on the body than these.

These are the reproduction ones and am very happy with them. The only problem is that the Repo short one on the front fender did not match my original (wrong position) so the body shop buffed out the original and used them. Could be difference between Sportsroofs and coupes/converts (I need to start a thread on this difference).
The valance moldings are different since you have a '73. The 71-2 was sandwiched between the valance and the fender, the 73 was attached to the valance.

The repops are 71-2 only, but the only difference is as you described. The rest of the bits will work for a '73.

Here is a picture of the Decor Option trim moldings. I believe the molding you have are lower on the body than these.

These are the reproduction ones and am very happy with them. The only problem is that the Repo short one on the front fender did not match my original (wrong position) so the body shop buffed out the original and used them. Could be difference between Sportsroofs and coupes/converts (I need to start a thread on this difference).
The valance moldings are different since you have a '73. The 71-2 was sandwiched between the valance and the fender, the 73 was attached to the valance.

The repops are 71-2 only, but the only difference is as you described. The rest of the bits will work for a '73.
That explains it! When I bought them the catalog did not explain that, just said 71 to 73. Thats OK, because the old ones on the front buffed up real nice. I really just needed the drivers door piece, but had to buy the whole set. I need to list the two new front pieces for sale and I have two used decor sets I should let go.

That explains it! When I bought them the catalog did not explain that, just said 71 to 73. Thats OK, because the old ones on the front buffed up real nice. I really just needed the drivers door piece, but had to buy the whole set. I need to list the two new front pieces for sale and I have two used decor sets I should let go.
Mike, I need a door piece...I think passenger side.

Thank you one and all

I might just paint the lower panel flat black

that will hopefully hide the pins

there seems to be quite a few options re

stripes and moldings

one last question on this subject

why does mine have chrome bumpers

and chrome moldings around the nose

as all the pics of this model Mustang

seem to have painted nose moldings

is that just a convertible thing

or was it optioned like that