More Speedo questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol...Information overload! Lots of parts involved in "Screwing" one of these Beasts together. Like lots of other forum members here I've got scars from busted knuckles, mashed fingers, and lots of cuts and scrapes. It all counts for valuable experience I wouldn't trade for anything. Yep, you will save a lot of $$ doing this job yourself, will learn more about your car, and will get the satisfaction of seeing the speedometer working properly and that you repaired it!

I have essentially gotten that satisfaction.  Turns out that the PO used the opening in the firewall to run a wire from the tach through.  Once I removed that I was able to get the cable head through that hole, then I shielded that wire to protect it and ran it back through.   I should have driven the car one last time with the bad cable to remember just how much it was bouncing.  Now, it twitches a bit over 50 which caught my eye but when I think about it, before over 50 mph there was more of a 5 mph bounce so this is worlds better and just plain looks good. Thanks to everyone for the information.

Of course, while I was in there I fixed the dash lights and what the hell...my old dash cluster bezel was looking worn so I ordered a new one from Don (which fits and looks great) and put the original in storage.  And, you know, the glove box side is kind of worn in comparison to the gauge side so....ordered one of those from Don (not yet installed) and cant forget the center stack then....ordered.........

Last edited by a moderator:
And....while your there, some new lens's for all the gauges and instrument cluster, padded dash is looking a little old, door panels could use some freshening up. Carpet looks a little ratty.....wellll.... while I have 'em on the phone!!   Lol     Been there, done that, and have the T-Shirts and a pile of receipts. Have fun!  :D

Back