My 71 J code drag-pack

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue Mach 1 Sports Interior would have a blue painted dash frame and top trim panel, blue dash pad, side panels and the center gauge panel with woodgrain applique. Pic below from the 429 Megasite. The only obvious issue is the column and trim collar are black, but should be medium blue as well.

View attachment 60314
Wow! That interior color definitely pops. Big time... Very nice...

Beautiful car. Love the drag racing pictures.

Don't understand, my 71 Mach 1 looks just like that...only black.
I believe 71projectjunk is referring to Stockerbill's car, and the Marti Report he posted earlier in the thread, not the Blue interior pic I posted in response to mjlan's question.

I'm pretty sure that my car had the Mach 1 interior as I still have what appear to be the OE door panels which were in the car when I bought it. They are Vermillion that have been dyed black, as were all of the Vermillion interior pieces; kick panels, plastic trim, etc. I replaced the well worn and tattered door panels with standard interior panels along with the stamped metal trim for the top of the panel at the window I bought used. All of the Mach 1 hardware seems to be there, like the bright trim and door pulls. I don't know why the Marti report doesn't show the Mach 1 interior in the list of options. I'd like to see the original window sticker.

I'm pretty sure that my car had the Mach 1 interior as I still have what appear to be the OE door panels which were in the car when I bought it. They are Vermillion that have been dyed black, as were all of the Vermillion interior pieces; kick panels, plastic trim, etc. I replaced the well worn and tattered door panels with standard interior panels along with the stamped metal trim for the top of the panel at the window I bought used. All of the Mach 1 hardware seems to be there, like the bright trim and door pulls. I don't know why the Marti report doesn't show the Mach 1 interior in the list of options. I'd like to see the original window sticker.

The 5E interior code is the Mach 1 Sports Interior option in Vermillion. I've seen reports listing the M1 interior, and some without . Technically, it was an option, so it should be listed in the features list.

Now I'm confused as well to what @71ProjectJunk was referring to.

There is a 71 J code on Bring-A-Trailer that ends today that shows the window sticker, invoice and Marti Report for the car. Interestingly, the window sticker and invoice both show the Mach I Sports Interior Group, but the Marti Report does NOT list it as an option. That appears to be the same situation with my car, which had the Mach I interior, but it isn't shown on the option list in the Marti. The interior code is right, its just not on the options list.
J Code on BAT

Back