My marti report.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This C-list Mach isn't a '72, but it has a white vinyl top:

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/ctd/3716310617.html

-Kurt
Yep I've seen a couple Mach's in my searches, and a bunch of coupes, but no regular sportsroof cars yet.

It turns out the owner of the dealership passed away last year, and the dealership either no longer exists, or goes by a different name.

I ordered the elite report so I will get the rest of it sometime later, with that the detailed statistics. I can't imagine that many sportsroof cars came with a white vinyl top.
Not many mach 1's or any stangs got the white vinyl top...I dont plan to stick mine back on either."atleast not any time soon"..But here is my stats...Mine is the only Q code red stang with my list of options and a white vinyl top to come out in 1973...Im sure you're stang is about the same.

Do yourselves a favor and never put that vinyl back on. It's nothing more than an engraved invitation delivered via Express Mail for rust.

-Kurt

I have to admit it is tempting to at least restore the outside of the car to its original condition. I have a love for unique stuff, even if the white roof looks silly and causes rust. I know I won't see one like it anywhere.

Still going back and forth in my head about it. I will probably go with my original plan.

even if you're a stickler for originality, you can restore the car without the vinyl and any potential buyers in future can put it on without too much hassle if they want to. It won't be a deal breaker.
Not worried about originality. The car won't be anywhere close to original, just tossing the idea around of making the exterior of the car original looking. There won't be any future buyers, as this car will never be sold. I just dig the unique aspect of it.

For a "stock" ordered car the dealership did a good job in picking a complimentary set of options. Kind of a sports oriented non-Mach 1 looking sports roof with many of the Mach 1 features. Very cool! I think it wold have a very unique and very awesome look to it to go back with that same look including the white vinyl top and correct interior. I would even go with the flat hood. It would be a killer looking mean machine with the larger 500s.

I really like how all of that combo sounds together. The white top would be icing. The dealer had very good vision. :cool:

For a "stock" ordered car the dealership did a good job in picking a complimentary set of options. Kind of a sports oriented non-Mach 1 looking sports roof with many of the Mach 1 features. Very cool! I think it wold have a very unique and very awesome look to it to go back with that same look including the white vinyl top and correct interior. I would even go with the flat hood. It would be a killer looking mean machine with the larger 500s.

I really like how all of that combo sounds together. The white top would be icing. The dealer had very good vision. :cool:
I'm still on the fence about it. No doubt it would be unique but I've had a vision for this car from day 1, so I'm not sure about it yet. Still trying to find the original dealership to try and see if there are any pictures of how it looked. I agree though I do think it would look sharp!

+1 Except the hood. I would keep the NASA hood.

I don't plan on returning this car to stock, but I thought it would be fun to see how it came from the factory. I'm glad to see I actually have everything the car came with, except the white vinyl roof! I had no idea it came with that.

I ordered the elite report so I will get the rest of it sometime later, with that the detailed statistics. I can't imagine that many sportsroof cars came with a white vinyl top.
I would put money that it will be 1 of 1...It just has too many options and the white top will put it over the top "atleast i think so " hehe

Post up your stats when you get them...And heck yes it is fun to see what come from the factory on any old stang i think..See where it come from and how it started..And then look at her now and see what is diffrent and been changed...Kinda like your own mystery to solve..lol

I dout ill put my white top back on...And maybe some day when the cost of going back original is worth it..I just may...And i get a kick out of unusual cars too...I guess reason why i have a big body stang...I did not want a car that everyone has around town..lol

I got the rest of the elite report today, sure enough, the car is 1 of 1 because of the roof. What I actually find more interesting is how low the other numbers are. There were only 906 sports roof cars with the 351 CJ in 1972.

image.jpg

Very cool Buddy. I didn't realize you car wasn't a Mach 1...but I won't hold that against you.

JK, I like them all.

Back