Need help after carb install

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you get it to start by dumping some fuel down the carb? Try having someone help. Pull the fuel line off the carb and have them hold it in a bottle and turn the car over. It should be squirting fuel into the bottle. Sounds to me like you are not getting any gas.
Yep, squirting fuel into bottle, so I know fuel is going into carb. However, when I activate throttle at carb I don't see it shooting fuel into the carb. Why would that be?

If you have a timing light connect it to a spark plug wire and see if it triggers. If not you might not be getting spark.
I'll check this now.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should get more than a little fuel out of the fuel line after cranking on it for a little bit, it should be spraying out of the fuel line if there is good pressure. You might try getting a container and remove the fuel line at the carb, put the hose in the container and have somebody crank on the engine to see if you have good fuel flow, use extreme caution when doing this.

If you have a timing light connect it to a spark plug wire and see if it triggers. If not you might not be getting spark.
Ok... I appear to have found an issue. Light does not activate. Not sure why I wouldn't be getting a spark.

I am going to check wires and distributed cap again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found the culprit. One of the positive wires to coil. Original, not pertronix had come loose.

Got car running. But, I found a small spot on the intake that didn't seal property, as there seems to be a leak. Not on edges, in middle so that sucks

Found the culprit. One of the positive wires to coil. Original, not pertronix had come loose.

Got car running. But, I found a small spot on the intake that didn't seal property, as there seems to be a leak. Not on edges, in middle so that sucks

Ugh.

Well at least it runs now. It should clean up faster the second time around.

Back