Need help identifying these valance panels!?!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sciabola13

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hey everyone! I bought a work in progress 1971 Mach 1 about a week ago. The car was partially taken apart to get it ready for body work and there were two panels that came with the car that I am confused about.

It is possible that one or both may not be ford stuff...

1c2f8bf1a057def19b57f36e3d370d5c.jpg
907d2e0555351fbb7a713704a560576a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The top one looks like a standard rear valance (no exhaust cut-outs).

The bottom one looks like it's not a 71-73 Mustang front valance.

The top one looks like a standard rear valance (no exhaust cut-outs).

The bottom one looks like it's not a 71-73 Mustang front valance.

Thanks! I think the other one is off a Dodge Charger.

I was actually thinking either Mopar or early Mustang (the round holes in the corners look right for small round signal lights).

Actually, looking a little closer, could it maybe be an early Cougar front valance? The holes for signal lights are a little too close to the corners for a Charger.

I'm totally guessing here. ;)

128763-500-0@2x.jpg

Actually, looking a little closer, could it maybe be an early Cougar front valance? The holes for signal lights are a little too close to the corners for a Charger.

I'm totally guessing here. ;)

128763-500-0@2x.jpg

The dude I got the car from builds Chargers and has a mopar graveyard at his place.

Hey - I'm not trying to argue... but what you said about it makes more sense knowing now that you bought it from a Mopar guy.  :whistling:

The thing that stuck with me was the Charger has something different for the signal lights, further inboard than the simple holes on the one you show in the pic would suggest.  All the other holes look like they line up with Mopar stuff - except the signal lights.  Maybe the signal lights are bolt-on deals?  Maybe it's from a Challenger, or a Coronet (which look similar as well).  I don't know.

Charger:

miked_68charger.5.jpg

Coronet:

0001_260A0331-1024x682.jpg

Challenger:

SIA-1970Dodge_lede.jpg

They all look slightly different than the one in your pic, to me.  Not much different... just slightly.  I wonder if there is another Mopar model that shares that style valance.

Back