• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need Power Steering, Alt.., A/c Compr.., Flywheel, clutch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndreasMustang1973Mach1

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang 1973
HI guys

I need an alternator, power steering pump, A/c compressor

with all brackets and pulley.

I need also a Flywheel

I need it for an 429cid engine from a Ford Mustang 73

Please let me know if you have the parts or know where i can find it.

Thanks

Andreas

Last edited by a moderator:
HI guys

I need also a Flywheel

Thanks

Andreas
Hi, Just so you wont confuse anyone, 429 engines only came in 1971 mustangs. Whisnane

Thats right.

I have a 1973 Mustang. It cames with an 2V Cleveland automatic.

I switched to a 460cid engine from 1969 with a 4spd toploader from a small Block with wide ratio.

Thanks

Andreas

Thats right.

I have a 1973 Mustang. It cames with an 2V Cleveland automatic.

I switched to a 460cid engine from 1969 with a 4spd toploader from a small Block with wide ratio.

Thanks

Andreas
Andreas.If you can locate an early 70's full size Ford /Mercury car/ truck with a 429/460 in it,it will have all of the parts that you need.

When I did the 429/460 swap into my 73 I used every bracket from that car.It is I dentical to the factory 429 Mustangs.

I bought a 70 model Mecury station wagon with a 429 2v.I used the engine for my build,even used the C6 trans in my car(all rebuilt and modified).The only thing I had to buy was a set of frame / motor mounts from Crites and a set of Hooker headers.

Use your altenator,Power steering pump,and AC compressor.The mounts / brackets are all that is differant.Hope that helps!

PC250015.JPG

Andreas,

I am not sure how available parts are in Europe but I submit that if you have access to "regular" new parts, you can find the parts you need by ordering them or buying them from a Parts Store.

The key thing is to let "them" think you are buying the parts for a 1971 Mustang with a 429 Engine. As previously noted, 1971 was the ONLY year where the "regular" 429 came in a Mustang.

When I put my 429-based 472 in my '73 Grande, I had absolutely no problem in finding the parts from regular Parts stores (Autozone, NAPA, Pep Boys) here in the States. Again, the key was telling them I was buying the parts for a 1971 Mustang.

BT

HI guys

I need also a Flywheel

Thanks

Andreas
i got a flexplate/flywheel with the engine plate sitting in my garage if you want it. it'll be easy to grab all the brackets and pullies from a truck/car but the flexplate and engine plate will require dropping the trans which can be a hassel in a junkyard.

let me know if you want those things, i'll gladly get rid of them for cheap.

::welcome::

Hi Thank you all for your posts.

@ Xoliex that would be great.

But i dont need the engine plate and the flexplate. Just the flywheel if you have would be perfect.

Just let me know how (~) much you want for it and for the transport to New York.

I have a container in New York wich carry all my parts for shipping.

Thank you pro´s

Andreas

Back