Needing a picture for reference to build part

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Hey guys! How are you all...

I was wondering if anyone can help me by posting a picture of the panel that goes from the backseat to the rear windshield... I believe it is some kinda foam that contains the rear speakers or something like that... I would say it is the package tray but for what i´ve seen, in this fastbacks, we called package tray to the metal panel that goes directly from the rear windshield to the horiazontal structural panel that is placed behind the rear seats...

If i just know what to call this panel!!! jejeje... Anyway... i´m building it myself to avoid importing this panel now that i dont have any money :p...

If anyone has a picture of the back part of the interior, i would apreciate it a lot!!!

Thanks guys!!!

PANEL GOES HERE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
no its just a piece of Square Particle board painted the interior color.

There is a piece of insulation under it cut to the same dimensions.

you can buy them reproduction or just cut some paper material that is smooth on the face side.

the mustang didn't have rear speakers, AM radio got the center channel speaker in the dash board top. Af/FM/8 track, got the 2 door panel speakers and that was it.

everyone always added rear speakers to our cars but its not like that from the factory.

i'll see if i can find a picture of mine. I bought the reproduction panel and painted it black.

its called a package tray:

Great H! it is what i supposed.. an easy panel to reproduce myself... I´m not adding rear speakers as well so it would be a plain painted in black piece of some waterproof paper that i can buy here...

I already installed the insulation that goes under there so it is just matter of measuring it well and do the paper cutting

if you can find a picture, even better...

Back