New Daily Driver... its got a Hemi!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Coupe
I think we are finally out of our kids minivan stage. We traded in our town and country for a Dodge Durango R/T. This thing is a beast. Its really not too big but it does have three rows and seats six in comfort. This is the first car that I've owned with paddle shifters. It has an eight speed tranny that is so smooth. Not to mention the 5.7 ltr Hemi. So far my bride and I are loving it. It has all the tech stuff she loves and all the power I need. I'd highly recommend it...

uploadfromtaptalk1395964561663.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395964584377.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395964603484.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I think we are going to do the same...the Grand Caravan is getting up there in miles and the wife likes the Hemi in my truck...so, I'm really liking the Durango! Might be towards the end of summer though!

You will love that motor! Lots of power, and with the computer shutting down some cylinders when it doesn't need them, you end up with decent MPGs.

Oil changes and spark plug changes are a little more expensive than usual, though.

I had a hemi in my last Pickup truck. Lots of power! But it takes either 7 or 8 quarts of oil (can't remember), and 16 spark plugs.

Some of the newer hemi's are now just 8 plugs. 7qts of oil and if you use anything other than 5w20 (synthetic prefered) it will cause issues with the MSD (multiple cylinder displacement) functionality and you'll wind up with a shiny check engine light.

Most of the hemi issues have been resolved from the pre-2006 models. Enjoy the durango just don't curse the guy thats going to tell you the full service oil change will be 60-90 dollars. ;)

edit: forgot to note: some late '13s and 2014 require 0w40 mobile 1 or equivilent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, both of us love the motor, the power delivery is really smooth and it sounds great, not loud. I'm not too worried about the maintenance, I purchased a 4 year plan that includes all scheduled maintenance for about $8 a month. We're both still learning how everything works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back