New Guy Auto Tech Instructor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah big is so in the eye of the beholder. A couple years ago a guy was rating how his excursion was the biggest vehicle Ford ever made. Needless to say I parked even with the bumper with him. Told him was an "82" , and yeah you got some height on me, how much can you tow? Shut him up rear quick. Almost as good as the guy a few years ago before my police speedometer. Idiot in Cali on his cell phone driving his 5 series BMW. Six adults in the car , kids in the back jump seats that waved bye to him laughing as I left him in the dust with the speedo already buried @85. It shocked him so bad he dropped his cellphone! Totally classic, and no he couldn't keep up.

So I showed the kids all the wagon pics above. All agree the country squire is the favorite with the gran torino next and the black wagon third. The boys said "oh yeah!" to all three of those wagons.

The wife said "no way. The original grocery getters are ugly". I'm impressed she knew what a grocery getter is. I'm still working on her to allow an old wagon so I can get rid of my daily driver Volvo wagon. :p.

I'm shooting for a country squire that's lowered with modern wheels. :)

Check out these pictures I took! Been sitting on the lift waiting for the trans and brake booster pin to get figured out. The kids misplaced the pin that attaches the booster to the brake pedal. Can anyone take a picture of theirs so we can turn one down on the lathe?

Thanks for the welcomes and I hope to eventually put an AOD into mine. Does anyone know of an AOD swap kit for the 390 FE motor?

fmx2.JPG

fmx3.JPG

fmx4.JPG

fmx5.JPG

fmx6.JPG

I'm not sure of any AOD/FE kits... but if anybody comes up with one, my pal is restoring his '63.5 Galaxie 500 XL, and would love to put a modern overdrive tranny behind it.

Check out these pictures I took! Been sitting on the lift waiting for the trans and brake booster pin to get figured out. The kids misplaced the pin that attaches the booster to the brake pedal. Can anyone take a picture of theirs so we can turn one down on the lathe?

Thanks for the welcomes and I hope to eventually put an AOD into mine. Does anyone know of an AOD swap kit for the 390 FE motor?
My dad had a 68 Galaxy 500 the same color as yours when I started driving. I think the color was called Royal Maroon. I got to help dad drive on a family vacation right after finishing driver education. I guess that is what made me always like Fords. I remember thinking that Dad's Ford drove much better than the Plymouth Fury that was the driver ed car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back