New Guy with 73 Ragtop

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy from another 73 convertible owner. Great looking car! What's the top not doing?

Also, if you don't have subframe connectors, you should consider getting some.
The top is not going up/down with the switch. The motor and switch work, I think its either then lines or the cylinders. Not sure what the subframe connectors are.
So you hear the top motor running but nothing moves?

Subframe connectors are used to strengthen the chassis. Our mustangs are 'uni body' and do not have a full frame. After a while the convertibles will start to sag a little in the middle. Subframe connectors connect the front and rear 'frames' of the car.

Click on 'my garage' in my sig, you can see pictures of them.

Thanks for the kind words about the car and the warm welcome. I heard you can use trans. fluid in the top motor, is that true?

Thanks for the kind words about the car and the warm welcome. I heard you can use trans. fluid in the top motor, is that true?
Yes, transmission fluid is correct.

There is a little rubber tab in the motor you have to pull out to fill. Get a clean plastic squeeze bottle, it will make it much easier since than trying to fill with a funnel.

Welcome from coastal Alabama! That's a nice looking vert!

Be sure to add a pin for your general location to our member map which is located under the "Fun Stuff" tab at the top of the page.

Back