New Guy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got yourself a fun project..

Welcome from SE Michigan

Welcome from Virginia! Looking forward to hearing more as you make progress. Keep the pictures and updates coming.

73MustangCoupe,

We are almost neighbors. I drive past your house every morning on the way into work. I saw the car in your drive way for several weeks and wanted to stop, but my mind is already thinking about the work stuff at that point. I noticed the car was no longer in the driveway so I thought it may be gone. Good to see you are starting to get started on it. I will PM you and maybe we can meet up sometime. I have a few extra parts if I can help.

Sorry for the late ::welcome:: to the site from Southwest Florida. Keep us posted on your progress. This site has some super tips. :D

Hey everyone. Again, thanks for the welcomes.

Bkdunha, I PM'd you back.

Kat29rn, you are absolutely correct. there are so many great tips, and folks who are willing to help out. On other forums, 71-73 models were really bastard stepchildren and pretty much ignored. Here, they are "It". And I don't care what anyone says, when restored, they are beautiful cars.

Looks like it was originally blue glow from the floor color.
It was. And it will be again, when I get done with it. My daughter saw the picture and dubbed it the bannanamobile. That cannot stand.

I want to restore it back to what it was like when new. Better soundproofing, a little more power, but very stock. The engine and trans have been swapped out. The 351C-2V was replaced with a 302, and the FMX has been replaced with an AOD. I think I'll keep the AOD, but would really like to find a rebuildable 351C to get it back to original.
Blue glow and white interior....that is one of my all time favorite color combos on these cars. It will look awesome when finished!

::welcome:: from Maine . I"d say by all the fords in your driveway , you"ll fit in just fine here. :)
+1 Nothing wrong with a driveway full of Fords!

I was replacing floor panels and nicked a fuel line. The ensuing flames got out of control very quickly. I had the wife call 911 while I got the garden hose and tried to keep the flames from getting to far out of control. The fire department came and hosed everything down. What a mess!! The dash is completely melted along with the heater box, all the wiring, interior panels, and the roof sags 2-3 inches. I'm thinking this car is toast. I am so bummed out right now. I don't know what the insurance company will do for/to me. But I know I have a big mess to try to clean up, so I can assess my losses. :(

So what did I do to my car today? I wound up setting it on fire and nearly burned my garage down. I would not recommend anyone else try it.

Since you toasted your car in your garage today I can change your screen name to something else if you like. Here's a few off the top of my head...

Banana's Foster

Burnt Banana

Fire Startin' Ron

Fire breather

911 Ron

Memphis heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back