New leaf springs to raise the rear

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Mach

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach
I wanted to thank DaveMT for his leaf spring post a couple years ago. I recently replaced mine using the same springs (Scott Drake #C5ZZ-5560-HD) 5-leaf rear springs). Purchased from JEGS. Also bought the longer u-bolts from NPD and had the result I was looking for. My Mach was a real tail dragger prior. Also, got rid of the useless non functioning air shocks. Brought the rear up about an inch.

Attachments

• IMG_4047.jpeg
    IMG_4047.jpeg
    2.5 MB
  • IMG_1867.jpeg
    IMG_1867.jpeg
    2.2 MB
I wanted to thank DaveMT for his leaf spring post a couple years ago. I recently replaced mine using the same springs (Scott Drake #C5ZZ-5560-HD) 5-leaf rear springs). Purchased from JEGS. Also bought the longer u-bolts from NPD and had the result I was looking for. My Mach was a real tail dragger prior. Also, got rid of the useless non functioning air shocks. Brought the rear up about an inch.
I also used the standard eye 5 leafs with a 1"added shackle. The center of your arc will sit @ 1" lower. It's best to keep the shocks in mid-range of their travel for optimal performance. I ended up putting a 1/2" rubber spacer on each shock.

Attachments

• IMG_4233.JPG
    IMG_4233.JPG
    1.4 MB
  • IMG_4249.JPG
    IMG_4249.JPG
    1.4 MB
The ass dragging rear springs were the “handling” package. All it did was lower the center of gravity but made it look dumpy! I replaced my rear springs with a set from CJ Pony. I added a replacement shackle on the driver’s side to correct a 1/2 in list. She looks great with her jacked hind quarters!

Back