New member from Houston TX

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome from Houston, Tx.

I'm also a Houston Mustang guy. Currently working on my '73 Mustang convertible with 351 Cleveland. Replacing the cowl.
Not sure what you mean by replacing the cowl? you mean the hood?

undefined

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Houston, Tx.

I'm also a Houston Mustang guy. Currently working on my '73 Mustang convertible with 351 Cleveland. Replacing the cowl.
Not sure what you mean by replacing the cowl? you mean the hood?
No. The cowl is the air box below the windshield. It supports the windshield and has the 2 plastic vents attached to it under the hood. It routes air into the driver side vent on non-a/c cars and into the passenger side for vent or a/c cars.

It's a typical rust area on all year Mustangs as the metal wasn't treated or painted from the factory except for what overspray got onto the panels. My car is an original DSO 52 Houston car and previous owner parked it under pine trees. The pine needles hold moisture and caused my rust thru, under the windshield and thru the bottom of the cowl into the passenger compartment. Strangely enough, it's the roughest part of my car. The rest is in good shape.

Curtis

Been lurking for a while now. I had a 73 Mustang Grande when I was 15 but never got to drive it due to a bad trans and no funds to fix it. Now flash forward 29 years later. A co worker had purchased a 73 Mustang convertible and was wanting to sell it. I offered a trade for my 4 wheeler and he said sure. So there it sits covered in my driveway waiting on me to get it running. Hopefully soon.

Gary
Hi Gary,

I think you made a steal! Welcome to the forum from Northeastern, PA!

Welcome aboard from the UK, do like the MACH1 hoods on a vert.Must get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back