New member in Leesburg VA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
quote=dmasini;91255]

Ok so here's how she looks right now anfter a Sunday pulling off the hood, grill and quarters. Click here for pictures of my 1971 Mustang Coupe Pulled the driver door off last night. Out of the 5 bolts holding the door to the body 4 sheared off. :-/ But the metal behind the hinges was pretty solid.

::welcome:: from East Tn. We have seen alot worse on here

Welcome from Washington State. The only thing I know about rust is that I don't like it, good luck on your venture, like others will tell you, we've seen worse.

Welcome. I'm only 15 miles away in Vienna.

I go to Cars & Coffee in Great Falls about once a month.

Rex
Rex, do they do this at Katie's Coffee year round? If so I may have to pull my butt out of bed and come take a look. Thanks for letting me know!

Figure I would post a couple pics of my progress so far. Sanded and scraped the inside fender wall down and brushed on some rust-proofing. Sanded that a bit then went over it with some gloss black. Can't really see the detail too much in the pics below. But I think it looks pretty good so far. IT's my first time doing anything like this so I'm learning as I go!

The before pic:

IMG_7560.JPG

With the rust proofing:

IMG_7587.JPG

All painted and test fitting the new suspension from Ohio Mustang. Went ahead and painted the spindle and caliper as well. I know you won't be able to see it once the tire is on but still think it looks cool:

IMG_7619_optimized.jpg

One more view of the suspension which I hope to finish installing this weekend:

IMG_7625_optimized.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back