New member in Virginia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings! Lynda and I also have a 73 vert with a 302 2v engine. If you need any info re: wiring or emission control vacuum line routing (or anything else) just reach out. I am glad to help where I can.

Our 73 vert had three peior owners. The first owner traded it in for a new 4x4 truck soon after he purchased it. Owner two became very ill after getting it, and the vert was barn stored over 45 years. Owner 3 purchased it a few years ago and replaced the top, the tires, replaced the Dog Dish wheels and wheel covers with a set of Magnum 500 wheels, and installed dual exhaust. The vehicle has just over 21,000 original miles on it at this moment, and it is in great preserved condition. We did make some tasteful changes.

We installed Classic Air air conditioning, replaced the original radiator and cooling fan with a Champion three row radiator and dual electric cooling fans installed on a matching fan shroud, replaced the old incandescent taillight with a set of LED panels, replaced the idiot light laden instrument panel with a Dakota VHX all analog gauge unit, had the alternator rebuilt to produce more output to keep up with all the new electrical demands being put on its electrical system (was 43 amps, now over 65 amps), installed a Garmin Drive 52 GPS with a backup camera, installed a DashCam, installed a front spoiler to give it more visual "edge," and installed a full length center console where I replaced the ash tray with a fabricated Power Panel for charging phones tablets, or any other use that is appropriate.

It is a wonderful vehicle to drive. Absolutely wonderful.

Looks great! And those all sound like good upgrades. I need to start a list of upgrades and think through how to make them all happen.

Glad to be part of the great resource of this site. I have a 1973 Mustang Convertible, with a 351 Cleveland, 2 barrel carburetor. My grandfather bought the car in 1976 for my grandmother to drive. My Dad inherited the car when my grandfather died, and he passed it along to me a number of years ago. I am finally at a point where I can put more time and money into the car, and hope to find a great shop nearby to do some extensive body work and upgrades.

For now, here is an older pic of the car when it was last cleaned up, as well as some pics of my latest carburetor rebuild and fuel tank refinishing:

View attachment 64836View attachment 64837View attachment 64838View attachment 64839View attachment 64840View attachment 64841View attachment 64842View attachment 64843View attachment 64844View attachment 64845View attachment 64846View attachment 64847
Welcome from North Alabama!

Thanks! As far as I know the grill has not been replaced. Is there another grill option for this year and body style?
With the exterior decor group which your car appears to have , it should have the Mach1 type grill. Alot of times they are changed when an accident occurs. A Marti report might tell more. Also it would look better with the missing chrome on the grill replaced. Not criticizing as it still looks great as is.

Thanks! Yes, rebuilt the carb myself and had my dad help drop the tank so I could clean it up. The interior of the tank was in surprisingly good shape, so all I did was clean it out with some Simple Green rather than go through a whole etching and recoating process.
Excellent, nice carb work, tank looks perfect. Which Simple Green product?

Welcome from New Hampshire!

Thanks! Yes, rebuilt the carb myself and had my dad help drop the tank so I could clean it up. The interior of the tank was in surprisingly good shape, so all I did was clean it out with some Simple Green rather than go through a whole etching and recoating process.
What's next? Is it going to be major work?

What's next? Is it going to be major work?
It has enough rust and other body work that needs to be done that I am reluctant to do much mechanical before I get all that addressed. Trying to keep it in decent driving shape until I can get the major work done.

Back