new member- pic- Western Pa.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CZ-75. Brighton Hot Dog Shop!

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Hmmmm....hot dogs and ice cream....I'll have to think about that one! Nothing comes to mind!

Welcome from Chesapeake VA! How far from Pittsburgh are you? My brother has our Dad's 72 R Code Mach 1 in his garage there.

Hmmmm....hot dogs and ice cream....I'll have to think about that one! Nothing comes to mind!
I think he's thinkin' of Hanks, on 18 between Rochester and New Brighton.

::thumb::

Used to have cruises there I believe...

MWEEPS...about 30 miles from Pittsburgh.

MOTOARTS....never thought of Hanks...and I work at the Napa store a few doors down from there!

I think he's thinkin' of Hanks, on 18 between Rochester and New Brighton.

::thumb::

Used to have cruises there I believe...
That's it!!!!

I had one friend from Beaver Falls and another from New Brighton. My friend, Troy Martin from New Brighton, made a living as a professional wrestler. He grew up just down the stret from Bruno SanMartino, one of the first great professional Wrestlers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late, Welcome from Southwest Florida. Luv the purple color. Pleased to know more females are Mustang junkies like me. LOL. This site is a huge source of information.

Nice looking project..

Welcome aboard from SE Michigan..

Hi! I just joined and wanted to introduce myself and my car. I am a 51 yr old (female, obviously!) and am in the process of restoring the 1971 Mustang that my late boyfriend and I purchased the year before he passed away. It is not a real Mach 1 but I have upgraded it with the Mach 1 grill and will put the stripe kit on it soon. It is originally a 351-4 bbl. car but has a 429 Thunderjet in it (and runs great!)

Thanks for such a great site!
My condolences on the loss of the loved one. Driving it will sure maintain memories of when you two were together. Sometimes I wished I had a 429 in my 72 mustang but can't complain after working on a restomod project that took ten years today and am at last stage with the alarm system and putting the stereo on a trunk battery to play it safe on always starting as the efi is always running and is on the hood battery with a trickle charge when garaged. It has been on the road though, for 2 years but having to fill it up from one gas station to the next with an 8mpg on a 351 Cleveland, had to put it back on the drawing board for an overdrive on my hurst 4-speed on the floor and just on a dry run of 182 miles and not getting too close to 1/4 left in tank as also got an EFI unit in it but fuel tanks did not have baffles in them in those days so then turning a corner too fast, will find the engine cutting out and needing to be replumbed with gas as all gas left over in tank sloshed over to the other side of tank where the fuel pump is not located. But that trip got me 16mpg as opposed to 8or less mpg. Probably next year will get a customized tank too, with baffles in it and while add it add a larger capacity of fuel. On my photo album you can see with 14 pages of photos with extensive descriptions of what one could end up with what kind of work and how important that work might be to have done. The best photo of the mustang is on page 3 though. With my user name as cpy cat(not misspelled) you could also catch my profile which is also quite extensive so reading or looking at my file would be more of a part time project,if you are curious of all the modifications. Though as standard my wife only shares the part of riding In it, I do all the driving and even after putting in the over drive thinking then she might learn to drive a stick and tolerate with patience of not pushing that gas pedal too far if she does not want to flyyyy....By the way, when I started this project, coincidence I was just a little younger than you.

HI kat! Thanks for the welcome! Us gear head chicks gotta stick together! Great site!

Hi,

Nice car, especially the color is nice (another one in violett :cool: )...

But the 429 is not mine... the 351C is and remains THE engine of all time:D

V8 greets from swiss

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Yea, another owner who bucked the system and went with a better color!

But,sorry, like the saying goes, "There's no replacement for displacement!" In other words, bigger is better, and I will keep my 429, thank you very much!

Hi! Yea, another owner who bucked the system and went with a better color!

But,sorry, like the saying goes, "There's no replacement for displacement!" In other words, bigger is better, and I will keep my 429, thank you very much!
:cool:

But the quote about displacement is just only a quote (for the regulars' table in a restaurant):rolleyes:! The key is the tuning/ balancing of the engine displacement, engine parts and especially the drivetrain... with that, a smaller V8 beats easy a big one where is only a big one...

Anyway and to each his own... cool purple `stang as well with the 429:D

V8 greets from swiss:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back