7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will e, the guy I bought it from always used the clutch when he engaged the GV. However, on the site it looks like that is not necessary. How do you use yours?

Welcome, nice car. I would leave the sport hub caps, rare to see on these cars... I have them on my 429cj convertible and will keep them on when I complete the restoration. I was lucky enough to find an NOS set in the Ford boxes a few weeks back... Cheers.

005.JPG

Wow, those are nice. Mine are in good shape but they don't look like that.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Here is one from the local car show. It has the poly-glass tires and wheel covers but i am thinking of swapping out for Magnum 500 and radials which I also have.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

15 inch sport wheel covers are super rare!!!!!!!

Nice to see them properly displayed!!!!!!

Ray

It was interesting for me when I showed the car a few times this year that most folks don't know what a Boss 351 is and in general it seems like the 71 - 73s don't get a lot of love. Folks really don't care that the car has the correct wheel covers or that most of the equipment under the hood is correct. At one show a dude parked some weird French moped from the 70's next to my car and it got way more attention than my car. It is a different story with guys who really know and love Mustangs though.

Welcome from W. TN. Very nice B1. Grabber colors are just right for a Boss. My vote would be to keep the Sport covers, but then I am a little partial to them. You non-MCA shows may be worth throwing the Magnums and radials on and for just cruizin. MCA shows keep the Sport wheel covers, but get Wide Ovals.

1972 4.jpg

Your car looks great! I am not sure when I might do a MCA show and there are things I don't have installed such as the intake and carb (I have them) that would detract from my car in a show like that. However, I am not sure how old my Ployglass Gt tires are so I may need to replace soon anyhow.

will e, the guy I bought it from always used the clutch when he engaged the GV. However, on the site it looks like that is not necessary. How do you use yours?
I have an automatic, not a clutch. According to their web site you can do it full throttle:

http://www.gearvendors.com/images/Common_Questions_Manual_Trans.pdf

Just make sure you are going fast enough in first gear for the GV to engage. It has its own pump and needs to be spinning fast enough to build pressure. My C6/3.50 is just at the top end of the RPM when the GV has enough pressure. Second and third gear are no problem. Does your GV have a control unit? Send me a couple of pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from western NC. In 1972 my new wife and I went and bought a grabber blue Mach 1, 351 2v auto , I loved it. 2 weeks later my best buddy went and bought a boss. It was red / black stripes 351 4v 4 speed, It ate my lunch. I remembered that car, his I mean, for many years . In 1982 I bought a pantera with the boss 351c for some reason he still had his mustang and after many years, I ate his lunch lol. :D. I'm now building a 71 that I'm cutting up to make it look kinda like a pantera and gonna paint it grabber blue. Wow, until now , I didn't realize how significant this car is in my life .

I have seen a few Panteras with Boss motor. A Pantera is on my bucket list. Your build sounds cool, cant' wait to see it.

Hi. I am a proud owner of a Grabber Lime Boss. This is a Mustang I have wanted all of my life and it feels good to finally have one. The cool thing about this car is the previous owner installed a Gear Vendor overdrive, so with the push of a button it drops revs and makes for a more relaxed drive.
Great choice. I'm getting ready to paint mine with the Mopar 1970 Sublime paint.

Welcome from western NC. In 1972 my new wife and I went and bought a grabber blue Mach 1, 351 2v auto , I loved it. 2 weeks later my best buddy went and bought a boss. It was red / black stripes 351 4v 4 speed, It ate my lunch. I remembered that car, his I mean, for many years . In 1982 I bought a pantera with the boss 351c for some reason he still had his mustang and after many years, I ate his lunch lol. :D. I'm now building a 71 that I'm cutting up to make it look kinda like a pantera and gonna paint it grabber blue. Wow, until now , I didn't realize how significant this car is in my life .
you planning on putting the motor and tranny in the trunk?but w/8 pipe toreplace.....on toppa the motor?

I have seen a few Panteras with Boss motor. A Pantera is on my bucket list. Your build sounds cool, cant' wait to see it.
got to make it more comfortable to sit in....to reach....maybe hydraulic suspension like thse ugly citroens of 60-early 70s had that raised the frame when getting in and out then drps down when it starts. also the targa top or slideable top like in Magnum Pi series Ferarri

you planning on putting the motor and tranny in the trunk?but w/8 pipe toreplace.....on toppa the motor?

got to make it more comfortable to sit in....to reach....maybe hydraulic suspension like thse ugly citroens of 60-early 70s had that raised the frame when getting in and out then drps down when it starts. also the targa top or slideable top like in Magnum Pi series Ferarri
No its gonna be front engine, but is Getting air bags. Total height 40" sectioned & shortened, rear deck laid flat.

You can follow the mustera build on "71 custom build "by ray under the build forum.

"71 custom build" on build forum chk it out

Welcome from West Texas! Love the color and the sport wheel covers! ::thumb::

There's been something of a resurgence for sport wheel covers in the past year or so, which RAWKS in my book - I'd keep your sport covers, definitely. But there's nothing wrong with tossing on a set of Magnums (or whatever you like) for a little more bling at the local car shows, etc. Rims & tires definitely make a car look more aggressive.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Welcome from West Virginia! Love the Boss

Back