• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Reproduction of the 1971 - 1973 Alternator Splash Shield

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sah62

Reaction score
My Car
1970 R-code Mach 1
I now have a reproduction of the D1ZZ-10317-A alternator splash shield available for sale, with retainers included. $41 plus shipping - more info here: https://www.musclecarresearch.com/D1ZZ-10317-A

This shield was used on 1971 Ford Mustangs and Mercury Cougars equipped with 429 engines and 1971 - 1973 Ford Mustangs equipped with 200 and 250 engines.

10317-1.jpg

Can you tell me where this attaches to?  I have looked at all of my 429 cars and can't figure out where it attached at.  Thanks.

Mike according to the 429 Mustang Cougar Megasite your 429 should have the alternator splash shield mounted on the right frame rail attached around the front sway bar mount. Please see the attached pics from the site that I copied.

Rio

AlternatorShield1.jpg

AlternatorShield3.jpg

altsplashshield2.jpg

AltSplashShield5.jpg

Attachments

• altSplashShieldtemplate.pdf
    139.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Mike according to the 429 Mustang Cougar Megasite your 429 should have the alternator splash shield mounted on the right frame rail attached around the front sway bar mount. Please see the attached pics from the site that I copied.

Rio

Thank you for those photo's.  I will check to see if the attaching holes are on the cars.   If so, I may need 7 of them (one for each car).  

When this issue was discussed on the 429 site back in the mid 90’s, we learned that this was one of those items that not all 71 BB Mustang’s received… Similar to the fender top splash shields by the door’s… My two 71 429 car’s that I have owned show no evidence of these shields ever being installed ( based on the lack of the shield securing holes on the frame…). I went out and bought an NOS shield, but never installed it on either car because of the lack of proof it was originally installed at the factory…

Last edited by a moderator:
Back