New to Site/Intro

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the welcomes and I have to thank Don65stang for pointing the site out to me. Folks have been great and I have only been here a few days. I will figure out how to load pictures and show progress on my current 71 Mach. Briefly, I found it about a year or so after my first 71 was hit from behind with my friend and restoration shop owner pulling in a driveway. I am using the funds from the parts to help offset the current one. It is a numbers matching 71 Mach I with a 429 CJ and C6 transmission and I am the 3rd owner and have the original bill of sale and other paper work. Rebuilt the engine last year and have been driving it. It is completely down to the shell right now and getting patches to the lower quarters and floor boards. This one came with just an AM radio so had it rebuilt. I am repainting back to the grabber green with black trim. I have taken the original white interior and storing it in my basement and replacing it with the black interior from the first 71 (it was all restored) so it will be the only thing that doesn't match exactly to what it came with. Looking forward to getting it back on the road. Thanks. Dave

Thanks for all the welcomes and I have to thank Don65stang for pointing the site out.
Dave, You're welcome! Im glad you like the site. It really is the best forum on the web. Lots of helpful guys on here and we all get along very nicely. Maybe its because the 71-73 is such a niche market...i dont know, but whatever it is it works! Sounds like you're going to have a really cool car when finished. Don't forget to answer the earlier PM I sent. ;)

Welcome to the forum! I pass through Charlotte all the time for work. All of us from the Southeast will have to meet up sometime in the Mountains, maybe do a Blue Ridge Pkwy run or something!

I would enjoy doing the Blue Ridge Parkway and Tail of the Dragon. I have been to the Dragon a few times but not in my Mustang. I have learned a fair amount already being on the site and recieved help on my current restoration (had paint questions which I recieved answers to). Loaded up pictures of my first 71 that was wrecked and my current 71 (media blasted and metal work almost complete). I will load more as it progresses. Hope to have it back on the road by end of July (hope). Rebuilt the 429CJ engine last year and took the plunge to do a full restore starting in late November. Thanks to all for the input and help. Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back